how many sleds are in your fleet?

I own 2 in my sig. help maintain...............well lets list them. brothers do help on some of them.

2011 apex xtx
2005 rxwar (kirkswim)
2005 sx venture (dad's/spare)
2004 rxwar (sapling killer's)
2002 viper (kirkswim)
2001 vk540III (uncle b)
1997 et410
1992 vk540II (uncle b)
1991 cat 440 (uncle m) (not touched yet. on my to do list)
1988 vk540 (uncle b) (rebuild in progress when time)
1980 s440 (kirkswim) (project sled)
1978 et340 (brother k) (future kid/nephew/neice sled)

hmm.... pretty close to covering the list of sleds I have helped or done maintenece on in the last 2 seasons. the 1992 up are the sleds that are used all the time and thus are more of a priority during preseason. the vk's my uncle usually does most of it himself but I do give him a hand with diagnosis and settings.

been doing sled maintenece since july on and off on weekends from 8pm to 2am sat and sunday nights when I am home. in the middle of the 04 war atm. waiting on parts.

Last edited:
well we only have two but thats all that would fit on the trailer so... time for a bigger trailer and more sleds!! :P

I have 4, and do nearly all of my own work. I only fan out the work if I'm too busy, or just don't want to do that particular task.

97 SX 700
05 Viper Mtn
05 Viper Mtn 153
08 Apex Mtn 174
11 Nytro XTX

The above 5 belong to my dad and I. My dad rides the 153 Viper and I ride the rest. Just picked up the Nytro this summer, had a typical bent front subframe.

05 Vector Mtn
07 Apex Mtn

The above 2 belong to my uncle. Him and my cousin ride them. The 07 Apex Mtn used to be mine until I sold it to him and bought my 08.

97 SX 700
00 SRX 700

The above 2 belong to another cousin of mine. Usually I end up cleaning the carbs for him.

So in total about 9.

We have 5 of our own sleds. See my Signature. We service another 12 for our boat customers. Mixture of Polaris, Cat, and of coarse Yamaha. We don't service anything made by Bombardier, not even Johnson and Evinrude. Too bad so sad.

I Have 14 Yamahas that run and I do my own work on them. Yes, I know. I have a serious disease. I can't get snowmobiles out of my head. I think of them 365 days of the year. I used to be into muscle cars, but they just don't have 2 ski's, a rubber track and fly over snow at 100 miles per hour. Yee Haa!!!!!

Nytro, Venture, Ovation, Enticer 250, Exciter 340, Exciter 440, GP 300, GP 292, SR 292 clone, SSR 440 clone, 3 SRX 440's, GPX 338, GP 643 and VMAX 540.

ALWAYS LOOKIN TO BUY A COUPLE MORE!

I own 2 in my sig. help maintain...............well lets list them. brothers do help on some of them.

2011 apex xtx
2005 rxwar (kirkswim)
2005 sx venture (dad's/spare)
2004 rxwar (sapling killer's)
2002 viper (kirkswim)
2001 vk540III (uncle b)
1997 et410
1992 vk540II (uncle b)
1991 cat 440 (uncle m) (not touched yet. on my to do list)
1988 vk540 (uncle b) (rebuild in progress when time)
1980 s440 (kirkswim) (project sled)
1978 et340 (brother k) (future kid/nephew/neice sled)

hmm.... pretty close to covering the list of sleds I have helped or done maintenece on in the last 2 seasons. the 1992 up are the sleds that are used all the time and thus are more of a priority during preseason. the vk's my uncle usually does most of it himself but I do give him a hand with diagnosis and settings.

been doing sled maintenece since july on and off on weekends from 8pm to 2am sat and sunday nights when I am home. in the middle of the 04 war atm. waiting on parts.
Tell us about the "Sapling Killer". I'm all ears !!

:rofl: well he did get the name on a ty ride. his sled (above picture) was 136" with a ripsaw at the time. we where offtrail riding in the up with sledhead, crewcheif and a few other site members. sledhead was leading the group at the time with his wife bringing up the rear.

now, he has led groups before but he loved having the canuks with him as as soon as we saw a meadow, we would all scatter behind him and carve it up. most other groups would just follow in a line in his tracks. sapling killer would not wait until the meadow. he would start as soon as the trees where far enough for him to fit between apart or small enough to run over. he did have to stop a few times and pull the branches out and one of those stops is when he was dubbed sapling killer. as his brothers, kirkswim and I deemed it appropriate and it became his site login and name.

sapling killer is the man you want to lead off trail as if you do not mind scratches on your sled, he will take you to places that you did not know about. heck I have watched him scale a leaning tree with his sled as there was no other path until he looked back once he was through.

heck the tree in the above pic should be a good indication, that was just 10 min of offtrail playing on the pipeline trail in north bay.

now as this is a maintence log, his poor war is done and I am onto dads sx venture. just have to clean the power valves and set the track to finish it. hopefully be done tonight. viper and et are already done.

Well we have the Viper and the 121 SXR completed and ready to ride. Friday, I should have the 128 SXR and the 600 dlx completed. Then finally the little phazer II.

:rofl: well he did get the name on a ty ride. his sled (above picture) was 136" with a ripsaw at the time. we where offtrail riding in the up with sledhead, crewcheif and a few other site members. sledhead was leading the group at the time with his wife bringing up the rear.

now, he has led groups before but he loved having the canuks with him as as soon as we saw a meadow, we would all scatter behind him and carve it up. most other groups would just follow in a line in his tracks. sapling killer would not wait until the meadow. he would start as soon as the trees where far enough for him to fit between apart or small enough to run over. he did have to stop a few times and pull the branches out and one of those stops is when he was dubbed sapling killer. as his brothers, kirkswim and I deemed it appropriate and it became his site login and name.

sapling killer is the man you want to lead off trail as if you do not mind scratches on your sled, he will take you to places that you did not know about. heck I have watched him scale a leaning tree with his sled as there was no other path until he looked back once he was through.

heck the tree in the above pic should be a good indication, that was just 10 min of offtrail playing on the pipeline trail in north bay.

now as this is a maintence log, his poor war is done and I am onto dads sx venture. just have to clean the power valves and set the track to finish it. hopefully be done tonight. viper and et are already done.

is this on the pipeline?

how many sleds are in your fleet?

Apparently after reading most the replies here, not enough to keep up with all you guys....LOL!

I only have:
(2) 1981 srx440's
(1)2003 Viper-Darth Viper 2.0
(1)2002 Viper-Daughters little trail machine
(1) 1972 arctic cat kitty kat

20 something........all Yammies except 1- 73 Rupp Nitro..got from original owner. have to get some pics up.Between myself and my 2-sons, 5-scoots,2-sports, 1-SRV, 2-SS440, 1-XLV, 1-84 VMax 540,1- Ovation e/s 1-00 Pz500, 1-PZ500dlx, 1-01 Vmax500 dlx, 4-Vipers, 3-SRX's 98/99/01, 03 RX-1, 05 RX-1 S/C.......I think thats it...have to check the barn........

Last edited:

Back