Friends new Cat

Eh, there's no Honda that can excite me. I don't use my snowblower for anything but my personal driveway. So the added expense of a commercial snowblower that would cost what a nice used sled will cost does not make sense to me.

I have owned 3 Honda bikes, still own one xr, and have a Honda powered pressure washer. My first bike was a honda mt 125, so that's a fond memory. And my first street legal bike was an xl600R. Lots of good memories from that bike. Now that xl had very little mile on it when I got it used, and the oil control ring was bad, so it got a rebuilt top end. Not really a good track record, but I won't forget the added expense that it needed and shouldn't have required for a machine with such low miles.

Last edited:

Well I took the plunge and left my two smoker in favor of a new viper. Trails are a couple days away from opening but have rd up and down my road and in fields around my house. All I can say is WOW!!! Sled just blast threw the couple ft of powder we have. Great power. Cant wait to get on trail. I like what you said super 1c. Education!!! Hate it when people make statements without nessesarily having facts. Yes Arctic cats have certainly had their share of issues. Especially with fuel inj,clutches,motors. Probably why they teamed up with yammy. Yammy has always had issues making a truely good riding, good handling sled. I know I know gonna here sh*t for that. But how much you boys have in your yami's with different skis,shocks, suspensions. So I think this partnering is only gonna make each company's products better. I certainly hope thats the case since I own one lol. I know their a lot of money but I look at it this way. When I bought my 97sx I had it 8 yrs. Think I paid like 6-7k for it. Lot of money then just like 12k alot of money now. So should more than likely have this sled at least that long if not longer.so all evens out in my mind. I'll keep you guys posted on how the viper works out if you want?? Now what to do with my 97 that has way more money and time into it than it should. Oh well let some buddys ride it I guess.
Congrats on the new sled purchase! Since Yamaha made over 50 changes to the sled to meet their standards I'm sure your going to have a blast on your new ride! I for one, would appreciate your feedback on this sled, good / bad (if any). Opinions from others is one thing, first hand experience is quite another...

Back