Has Anyone Done A 800 Mod On There Srx ?

I have a 800 mod on my SRX , the question I have is my buddies stock SRX catches me at about 330 ft mark on hard pack I nail him out of the hole but he gathers me right up this should'nt happen!!!!! :o| :o| :o| My clutch has been dialed in ,the sled runs right at 8500 rpms . Any ideas, this is making #$%&* ing crazy

take the heads off his cylinders and check his cc volume!!! haha, your friend might be runnin a 835 on ya without you knowin! just playin, other than that i have no clue! sorry!!!

need something to work with

what do you have for clutching?? gearing? track? how heavy are you?

mrviper700 said:
what do you have for clutching?? gearing? track? how heavy are you?
Mr VIPER I'm waiting for the specifics on my clutch I do no that it was all redone with YAMAHA parts. As far as the track , 196 picks with a ARCTIC CAT 900 suspension,this thing transfers awsome!! The gearing is stock.Now hears the bad part, the driver is a little heavy 276#s maybe a little more!! I have a good friend that handles all my work but he's out of the country. I need to educate myself on how this stuff works . But I no that my buddy should'nt ride by me like this with a stock SRX.

ok....

what does the tach do when you first smack it off the line? then what does the sled do? does the tach climb during the run? Lastly, we will need to know what weights,rivets,springs,helix you have to help ya out, no offense but with your weight, its probally overshifting. We can get ya some help, just a tad more info, pleae, thanx alot

I ran the mtn srx and you have got to load that thing...more helix like a 53/47 with a stiff sec spring like the bender red/yellow and throw the weight at it until it says give...awesome motor :rocks:

mrviper700 said:
what does the tach do when you first smack it off the line? then what does the sled do? does the tach climb during the run? Lastly, we will need to know what weights,rivets,springs,helix you have to help ya out, no offense but with your weight, its probally overshifting. We can get ya some help, just a tad more info, pleae, thanx alot
MrVIPER It might be easier by phone to explain, this forum page keeps reloading it takes me a half hour to wright two lines. My shop # is 708-430-4411 or my cell 708-751-8432 ask for Mario . If you can give me a yell that would be great!!!!!

I have the same problem. I have Hauck's 780 kit it '98 SRX w/their #4 kit and carbs bored. Terrible backshift, too. Out of the hole, goes good, but falls off for mid range. Also, if I let off a little, then get back on it, it takes a while to get back up to speed.

Back