Any cable cord cutters here??

Just got shutdown today by charter and Gaylord march 4th just got letter yesterday. Here is what I did so far. I can't live without my sports yet so I canceled cable in Gaylord and kept it here. I only have one box and the extra free one. I then bought a sling box and I am able to stream TV to anywhere I want. I tried it in Gaylord this past weekend and it worked great. So at least I'm down to just one plan for now. Will try to wean off completely as streaming sports services get better.

That does work well. A friend of mine has it set up in Green Bay. Those games are typically blocked for Chicago viewing. Log in to his slingbox and there it is. Just dont change the channel on him right before a big play ;)

We went cold turkey 2-1/2 years ago when we built our house. i missed it for about 6 months. now i get pissed when i watch TV. you see it for what it really is... garbage. they are just trying to sell you a lifestyle that i want no part of. Brewers on the radio, news and weather online and i'm happy...

We have been about 6months. Not going back. There is far more content on line. We have a WD live, waiting for a new player from them. Also have a roku. I would have had both rokus if at the time the had youtube app. They now do. There are some home built stuff out there that run xbmc if your into overclocking or diy. We also put up an antenna and picked up some local stations for news. Love youtube for Jay lenos gararge, ted talks, lectures, religious debates and on and on. you can buy movies through redbox and many other channels. We use netflix only with youtube. Have heard amazon has alot and is cheaper.
The next one i buy will be a WDtv live hub. They have 1t hard drive and can store from antena with an interface. Making it a dvr. The one I have will do it as well but with external hard drive, and it it is just more shit on the tv. I would love to get down to one remote. Wish WDTv would make a dvd, suround sound, tv reciever/internet tv box/hard drive. That would be perfect and make my mess of wires look better.

Back