Tech FAQ Area!!!

Whats the cylinder head torque/pattern on a '94 to '96 liquid twin??
**LOOK HERE**

Whats the cylinder head torque/pattern on a '97 to '01 liquid twin??
**LOOK HERE**

Whats the cylinder head torque/pattern on a NPV triple??
**LOOK HERE**

Whats the cylinder head torque/pattern on a 1998 to 2002 SRX triple??
**LOOK HERE**

Whats the cylinder head torque/pattern on a 1992 to 1997 V-Max-4
**LOOK HERE**

Last edited:

I would like to see a little more on the 94-96 Vmax's. There is quite a few owners on here. Also a collection of how-to's on skid swaps. I have been seeing alot of those. Maybe which skids are a better choice and stuff like that.

sandmanmike1 said:
I would like to see a little more on the 94-96 Vmax's. There is quite a few owners on here. Also a collection of how-to's on skid swaps. I have been seeing alot of those. Maybe which skids are a better choice and stuff like that.

what do you need to know???

I have seen a few post lately about people wanting to do a skid swap. I have already did mine. I will attempt to do a right up shortly. I would hate for someone to do all the work for a minor gain in performance.

sandmanmike1 said:
I have seen a few post lately about people wanting to do a skid swap. I have already did mine. I will attempt to do a right up shortly. I would hate for someone to do all the work for a minor gain in performance.

Second that gentlemen
I have searched and read almost every post for my 96 Vmax XT and not much there on what skid to swap too. Most of us who own this sled want to do it on a budget so we are buying somebodies take off from a newer sled. Would be nice to know what works good and installs easily.

I have been saving all good posts and info for my year/model vmax so I can save somebody the searching when they post looking for info.

I have parts and have started on head mod, plastic skis (plus ski savers and shims), boysen reeds, tempa flow, clutch and I am sure I will be looking for a inexpensive skid after I get my body beaten on the trails down here in lower SW Michigan. I am a former MXer and when borowing somebody elses sled ride em pretty much the same as the race bikes. Thats why I had to buy one buddies got tired of me tearing their sleds up - me too - I live by the rule "you break it, you bought it" so it will probably be cheaper to own my own.

Next year (Summer) will be looking for a good ditch banger, the XT is not that!
AIRBLUE

tach out on my 99sx600 ?

:letitsnow my first real problem with my 99sx600 i bought it new and 6300 miles later my tac went out any have this happen before or any thing i could do to fix it , it came on an jumped up and down went out then came back on for alittle while went back out ? help if ya can thanks

I Just got a 96 vmax xt last year, I could use a list of those posts? Can you help me out?

Thank you,
Dish

97 Sx 700

I have a buddy that bought a 97 700SX.

I have a feeling that it was a triple piped sled, that was converted back to a single pipe without changing the other settings back to stock.

Can someone give me the clutch weight profile and rivet info as well as the secondary spring colour and wrap.

OK guys, I'm going to try to put something like this together for each model forum we have here. What I need from you guys are links and short descriptions of your favorite tech answers/stickies/tech articles. Post those links in here and I'll try to put together something everyone can refer people to, just don't expect it to happen over night. ;)! I see we have some already here, let's build on it a bit more!

Service Manual ???

Hello everyone !

Im looking for service manual for my 2000 SXR 700
Please post a link where I can download one, or pm me for email.

Thank you all !!

Last edited:
Sled cuts out at high rpm. new coils plugs. please help. check out listing and please respond.

Back