Sxr500 7500 rpm hesitation??

it is over reving as that is a 7800 rpm peak motor. sounds like it needs some tip weight to me.
Anyone have any ideas on tip weight. The son in laws 01 SX500R peaks at 7900. It has .8 in both pivot & tip of the 8CA weights. If I go up to the 2.4 in the tip I'm thinking that I'll be too low. I'm thinking that I probably need 1.8 at the tip??????? I read somewhere about puting a washer over the rivet before you buck it???Should I drill some of the center out of the 2.4s. I have a gram scale. This is a modified VMJohns set up. Basically it's what I had in the garage. Stock springs, 8CAs and an 8BVFA RX1 helix. 51/43 or actually it measures 48/42-43. (That came from Mr. Viper and Turk.)

One more thing.. Is there tolerance on peak or prime RPM....IE...+/- 100??

Interesting. Mines all stock clutching so in not sure. I've always seen it top out at 8k and that seams like where it pulls the most. Going to through in the springs and gasket This weekend and Hopi g it's stays cold to get out next weekend because it going to be 40* here a on Saturday. :( not too long left to test her out. If I get to ride it again I'll posted up peak rpm with new springs.

iPhone using the dreaded Crapatalk

Tac is +/- a bit. 7900 is not too bad. If it goes any higher I would add a bit of tip weight. As long as it creeps there on long pulls, it should be fine.

Back