Sxr500 7500 rpm hesitation??

Yeah, most dealers won't do you any favors that's for sure. Sadly, you probably could have done what they did for $450.00 less. That sucks but that's the reality of it. Just takes a little patience and "maybe" someone who knows what they're doing to guide you along the first time. If not, you know we all would guide you through it. Well worth it if you're gonna be riding for a while.
With 5200 miles on your sled, new springs and caps will most likely breathe new life into her. It did on my Viper for sure.

Ok just ordered ngk caps a new primary spring and a exhaust gasket. Hope one of these fixes the problem but all needed to be done anyway. It's just puzzling how it does it wile continues riding but if I stop and let it idle then take off it runs as it should until I let off and it does it again.

iPhone using the dreaded Crapatalk

Crap I fudged up boys. In replacing the plug boots I cut the wire a inch back and when I got them on it was too ****** short. But will work with stock ones. Can I run it like this because I'd does run but very high idle. Like 2100. Anyone got a 00 sxr 500 coil around any were. Man I'm a idiot.

If you want to, you can carefully cut and dig the old wire out of the current coil that you have now, and replace the wire(s) with a 7mm copper or stainless core ignition wire(also known as a high tension lead). The wires are attached onto a post that is in the coil and they are glued(epoxied) in place to keep them from pulling out. Your plug caps are also screwed on to the wires(if you didn't figure that out yet).

Oh ya I got that. The ngk ones seam to not bottom out and kept pulling out. I drilled out one of the ngks to get a better understanding on how it screws in. Not much still usable just easier to screw on but that means off too :/ I'll just throw a little zip tie on. The new coil has everything but I'll think I'll cut vary little wire this time and put the ngks on. Just to say the boots are good. Always a adventure. Oh well.

Well got the used coil in the mail today. Mine looked cleaner but atleast this one has good boots and wires. Fired up first pull and seamed to run good.has felt like a Christer throttal but it's only on the trailer. My springs a exhaust part should be here next week. Going out this Saturday for a ride. We'll see if she's fixed or not. :sled1:

well did 105 mile ride on it yesterday and everything was going great for the first 35 miles then it was right back to doing the same old crap. shootin up to 7500 and then limiting it down to 7300, still haven't gotten to put the springs and exhaust gasket in (which i think is the main cause of it) because parts haven't come in yet. its just odd how if you stop and let it idle for 10 sec then hammer it its fine then down the trail it starts doing it again. also to note i made a 92 mile trip on one tank of gas in the twin. last ten miles were scary but she made it to the station!

demons haunting you there...maybe check clutching,maybe bushings need replacement..does it not wind out to your required shift out rpm???? Belt,alignment,rollers,bushings,springs,buttons etc should be inspected for wear.

Belts good so are the buttons. Got new springs coming rollers and bushings I'm not sure of. That was probably out last weekend of riding as it looks like higher temps for next week. It's definetly puzzling.

exhaust gasket was getting you. have that problem with a venture with no leaks. fresh out of the trail onto the lake it is fine. once on the lake without letting it idle to warm up the pipe, it always looses 5-700 rpm. get the pipe hot again and it is fine.

Is this the right gasket? It came In a Yamaha piston ring box but has the right part #. Kinda wondering how this is a exhaust gasket.
u6e8era8.jpg
y7ete8up.jpg

Is this the right gasket? It came In a Yamaha piston ring box but has the right part #. Kinda wondering how this is a exhaust gasket.
u6e8era8.jpg
y7ete8up.jpg

lmao..those rings should of been shipped to some doo somewhere..you got the wrong part number I gather..

Back