Got to make a move?

SRX500kid

Well over the winter my sled has now become a parts sled as you guys may know from my "me and last rides" thread. What to do? I really don't want to part it out because of the shipping hassles so that leaves me with a whole sale parts sled. I'm going to wait to the fall to put it up but what do you guys thin the sxr500 worth? The motor runs perfect and the damage is the left side and heat exchanger. I think I would throw it up for 900 to expect to get 7 or 8 out of it. Any ideas? Thanks

iPhone using the dreaded Crapatalk

Depends on whether or not your 500 motor will fit into the newer pro-action 500 Phasers or not. Seems like there is more than a few guys in the market for motors for the 500 Phasers. If it will fit you should be able to get more $ out of it.

Depends on whether or not your 500 motor will fit into the newer pro-action 500 Phasers or not. Seems like there is more than a few guys in the market for motors for the 500 Phasers. If it will fit you should be able to get more $ out of it.

The Pro-Action Phazers were air cooled.

Yep, a lot of work to add the cooling system. Unfortunately the twins are not worth much.

You would make mor $ parting it out

crap my bad! i know i would make way more but with all the shipping and crap i rather get it gone for like 800 bucks and get another. idk. might part it out locally.

Holly crap that's not right! Only 17 candles this year and hopefully many more to come slowly;)! You guys made my day ;)

Last edited:
Maybe you could find someone to take your sled in a trade so you don't have to mess with it. Just a thought.

Happy birthday, wish I was 17 again.

Thanks! Only thing is I really I don't really want to trade it just want to save for a newer 4 stroke if I can.

I know I'd hate to leve he good old Yamaha smokers but to get any thing newer I would have to switch. ;( really want to get in to the new suspension and EFI. Looken to get a phazer like your buddy weens. ( think that's his name) when I'm older I got this feeling I'm gona have to have a old yamy agen. Newer dosnt Meen more reliable by any means but the suspension is there. Dont worrie if I do In fact go that path I won't leave this side:) still got a lot of love for the 2 smokes!! Plus we got a better sight lay out over here. And kinda like a odd family in a way :)

I know I'd hate to leve he good old Yamaha smokers but to get any thing newer I would have to switch. ;( really want to get in to the new suspension and EFI. Looken to get a phazer like your buddy weens. ( think that's his name) when I'm older I got this feeling I'm gona have to have a old yamy agen. Newer dosnt Meen more reliable by any means but the suspension is there. Dont worrie if I do In fact go that path I won't leave this side:) still got a lot of love for the 2 smokes!! Plus we got a better sight lay out over here. And kinda like a odd family in a way :)

weens yessir. That phazer is by no means lightweight and quite slow and underpowered. Wished he had the nytro. I know your 17 atm so focus on getting through school and start whatever your doing. 3 or 4 years time you can think about getting a brand new sled. I say get a relatively cheap sled for next season and hammer down

Yaa! I really can't get over the look of the nytros. We do mostly trail riding and is going to be relatively the same power of my 500 but will have more bottom end to it. We race acrossed the lake and I play in the powder as much as I can but it's mostly 40-75 mph (tops) at most. May not be the fastes but it's a 4 stroke and Thers a lot out there for em. I think I would love a 700 tripple but knowing me I'll wined up using too much lever :sled1: I'm not sure yet. Got the whole summer to make a choice I guess.

As a 2014 phazer rtx owner(250lbs rider) i will have to give you the low down on this sled if you pull the trigger.This is the most fun i had on a snowmobile in years(previous sleds 94Puma,98indy500,Current 04 Warrior).Its 550lbs wet(which is the same weight as arctic cats 500 sno-pro wet)but it feels way lighter when you ride it(even feels lighter than more brothers ultra light 2014 MXZ600 carb).You can turn it in the air coming of big jumps much easier than any other fourstroke(adjustment in the air even slightly better than a XP).Rider forward design lets you attack humps,moguls,jumps that you couldn,t even look at on a set-down type sled without cracking your spine.Fuel economy is about 16 MPG.Small tank makes it seem like its hard on fuel.Top speed is 78MPH on GPS but where it really shines is dragracing(if the surface is hardpack).I smoked a 96indy500,580 PRS skidoo,96 XLT triple polaris.Yes I was surprised myself.Very quick out of the hole.It corners very good as long as you hang off.Much better cornering than my brothers 06Nytro.Only drawback I can think of it needs a deeper lug track from the factory(1 inch stock is too low)A lot of owners go with a 1.5 freeride but that can cause problems on hardpack trails.Rather have the topspeed of the 1 inch.700.jpgIf you dead set on a two-stroke than you may have to go outside of the Yamaha brand and give serious look at a MXZ600 xp 600carb.Lightest sled out there(over 500lbs wet),Rides very comfortable,corners like its on rails,12MPG(good for a two-stroke)and can go through a lot of deep snow as long as your on the gas.Plus it rider forward(your body will thank you).P3110022.jpgBy the way Happy Brithday....

Last edited:
Thanks for all that info!! I really rather switch over to 4 stroke for the mpg and no oil. The phazer looks have grown on me big time it just so odd looking you eaither love it or hate it. I deffenetly love the looks. With all the stuff available from Schmidt bro's with clutch kits and every thing I can definetly make it work for our riding. As far as the track I know your limited with the 14". The free ride would be awesome for for the powder but we ride icey hard pack so I would think the lugs would fold over. I'll figure it out. Got just a wee while till next season :letitsnow

Back