getting her dialed in

We were out in -40 last year, and when your 200km from a large town you don't know what your getting for fuel. so the head gasket and jets will stay stock for peace of mind. Silencer will be done, I'm just worried about how loud it will be. I made my own reed spacers out of aluminum plate. Just traced the gasket and scrolled it out with a jig saw. Took a while to do. Royal distributing sells them.

what was the thickness of the aluminum plate you used cause really want to make my own also

The mod calls for 6.5, with the gaskets and all mine came out to about 8mm. I was going to notch but then I saw my cracked, stock stoppers. So that's when I went the spacer route. I'm not a fan of the notch because your weakening a part that is known to crack on it's own.

Drilled my can out.... Well worth it. I could only get a 1/3-4 bit in there, still adds some bark to its bite

Nvm I managed to get the 2 incher in

Last edited:
Drop one tooth still works with stock chain 8df weights Stock 4.5 inner 3.6 outer and a 51/43 helix with green spring 70-80 deg

Now you labeled 2 twist angles... What would more or less do for me?

My set up is: 21:39 gearing reed spacers bored can and then then clutch set up above.

Little change in rpm and back shift is the big one

Well, just finished putting it all together. She's ready for the snow! Can't wait to try this clutching out! Just a little confused as to where I should start off for secondary twist? Ridding more lakes and strait trails than anything else... But don't want it to be a dog when playing is the powder.

If anyone could give me a quick run down of what more or less twist angle will do, and what conditions call for more or less angle, that would be great.

How temperamental is the airbox mod? I'm at stock jetting right now and want a little more out of her

the air box mod is for high altitude only is very finicky when applied to the 700 motor!

im looking to do a top end rebuild on my sxr 700 next year and was thinking of maybe getting some porting done while its apart. my question is, how effective if porting while retaining the stock single pipe? and would i require a higher octane fuel?

Just looking at tuning specs I noticed that the 2000 SXR 700 has 14.5mm rollers and then2001 has 16mm rollers, can anyone give me an explanation on what roller size does? I have my 2001 set up with a 51/43 helix, 3.1 grams in the tip and 4.5 in the heal. Just wondering if if I would be better off with the Smaller rollers or not.

Smaller rollers let the weight of the clutch weight swing out further against the roller. This would have a similar effect to having a weaker spring or heavier weights lowering the rpm if all else is the same. It may a have a stronger effect in one part of the shift than another. I personally have not played with different sizes enough to explain any more that that.

Back