8dn-20 in a viper

they work great in a stocker or with pipes. start with the stock 3.6 in mid 4.5 in tip and tune from there. mooks viper with a single pipe loved the green secondary spring and a 51-43 dalton helix, with the 8dn20's ran strong. i am running them in my slp piped viper now and i love them. ski

Ski, was there a significant gain with this set up? I have thought about trying this before. What rpms did run?, I have had it with my heel clickers and just want a reliable, but stronger than stock set up.

well, there seemed to be two vipers made in 02 a strong runner and a weak. mook had one of each, his wife's sled was consistantly faster at all times. we tried heelclickers and several combos, ended with the 8dn20 set up stated above. he went from getting beat by a sled or two to being out front a sled or two. so 2-4 sled length increse over stock. sharona's sled was never touched so we used it as a baseline. both sleds totally stock. both their sleds had nasty overrev's after motors broke in. we did heavy rivets in sharons sled and the 8dn20 set up in mooks. same outcome matt's was faster. ski

i tossed my hc set up back in the box and went back to 8dn 20 weights with one change after drilling out the rivets i ran the next size drill in the holes and put there t nuts and bolts in .now i dont have a 8 inch long spring wearing away at the ctutch and can add a washer to bring revs down.and i can say i works might sound crazy but you can still bang a rivet in if it dosent work for you.

I think I have one of the slow ones! I have tried many set ups with the HC, and some times I whip my SX7, sometimes I dont. I have the stock 8EK with 4.5 in each hole, may go back to those. Anyone have any 8DN weights?

Back