Led headlight?

devinzz1

Could i use an led pod in place of a headlight on my 97 sx with no electric start? 35 watt rigid industrys one to be exact

I have a 20" bar on my jeep and I'm curious to see how the snow will stick to it. Hold your hand away about a inch and you can feel the intensity/heat of the leds but the bar it's self is cool to the touch. I don't think the leds will make enough heat to melt the snow off the lens.

I gotta say, they put out a massive amount of light and make night ridding awesome. But are some what useless anywhere but on a trail because they ice/ snow up. I also found that the white light given off by LEDs doesn't show the terrine of the snow as well since it's basically white on white.

Never had a problem with my 20" icing. Just wanted to know how the leds would react to the power supplied. I know ive read somewhere people having trouble with hids while mot running a battery.

For real good looking LED's get a hold of rockmiester on the 4 stroke side. He makes a plug and play LED kit for H-4 bulbs. No battery needed and they are awesome. I put them on my daughters sled and they are every bit as bright as my HID's. Maim runs them on some of his 2 strokes as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
For real good looking LED's get a hold of rockmiester on the 4 stroke side. He makes a plug and play LED kit for H-4 bulbs. No battery needed and they are awesome. I put them on my daughters sled and they are every bit as bright as my HID's. Maim runs them on some of his 2 strokes as well.

Not lookn for a bulb. Looking to remove the stock headlight.

What kind of wattage/light output and what kind of price? (ballpark)

pm rockmeister on pricing and tec specs as i am canadian so i have exchange built in on pricing. i do know they made a huge difference on the et410 and my wr250x.

I can find h4 led bulbs on the web all day long, but is his kit consist of a projector type setup or just the bulb itself?

I can find h4 led bulbs on the web all day long, but is his kit consist of a projector type setup or just the bulb itself?

These are by no means a h-4 led bulb. They are more of a projector kit. Here are some of the pics from the install on my daughters viper. They are all plug and play with no splicing of wires. Comes with ballast, bulb and cooling fan.

Attachments

• DSCF8482 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8482 (800x600).jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF8484 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8484 (800x600).jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF8486 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8486 (800x600).jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF8487 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8487 (800x600).jpg
    390.5 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF8490 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8490 (800x600).jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF8496 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8496 (800x600).jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 45
  • DSCF8498 (800x600).jpg
    DSCF8498 (800x600).jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 43
Awesome, thank you super!! That is exactly what I was hoping it was. Looks great. I just got his email off his website. I guess my current username doesn't transfer to the other site.

Awesome, thank you super!! That is exactly what I was hoping it was. Looks great. I just got his email off his website. I guess my current username doesn't transfer to the other site.

Hey no problem. Your user name will transfer to the 4 stroke side you just have to register there also for it to work.

These are by no means a h-4 led bulb. They are more of a projector kit. Here are some of the pics from the install on my daughters viper. They are all plug and play with no splicing of wires. Comes with ballast, bulb and cooling fan.

Any pics of the projector? Does the leds run directly off the stock headlight power?

There is no projector, uses stock headlight housing. Improper use of terms. Yes this runs off the stock headlight power. Works on the new 300w dual headlight ignition system and the old single bulb ignition system.

I have a spare headlight and a projector. Should try a retro fit! The projector uses a halogen bulb.

Just ordered 3 hid kits for my hella truck lights. They use dc power. I seen a product on royaldistributing that converts ac to dc. Any reason why the hid ballast wouldnt work? Ones i bought were 55w but i can get 35 watt versions.

Worth a try but myself and a few members here have tried to get them to run without a battery and could not. These sleds do have a few spots that the ac is already converted to DC. These older style ignition systems simply do not have enough power to run the normal sleds electronics and the HID's. I even have ran HID's with a battery on a 98xt with e start with the older ignition system and it did not work. The ignition system cannot keep up on charging the battery. Soon the hid's will start to flicker then the stator will overheat and shut sled down. Tried 35w ballests with no change.

Hmmm. Thats dissapointing. this is my first experience with hids and 2 hella 500s with 55w hids put my silverstar headlights to shame. Been super busy with my truck. Time to get at the sled.

I havent forgoten about this. i want to do the projector retrofit now that i have experience with them.

Back