Led headlight?

Are you going to heat up the clear front and take it off? Then install a projector? If so, take and post the pictures.

Depends on what they used to seal up the headlight. On one set of headlights a few mins in the oven was all that was needed. For headlights on my truck i had to soak them in gas for 2 days.

That Is awesome! I have rocs led kit and wonder if a projector would work with an h4 style led bulb. I know those projectors use a mirror to focus the light into the lens. You would prob really have to mess with the projector. Musselman did a sweet projector retrofit to his dual bulb srx. He could prob tell you how easy that headlight came apart.

Stock dual headlight came apart very easily, yamaha uses a soft sealant to hold the lens on. I just had to put it in the oven for about 5 mins and it pulled right off. I also had to break off the tabs that "hold" the lens because they were way too stiff to bend out of the way.

Where do ya get the "projector" portion?

I used the morimoto mini h1s with a shroud i bought off ebay. Really not that hard to do. Dremel makes easy work of it.

Im researching if the ridges on inside of headlight can be removed now. Seems it can be done but its alot of work.

I remember asking this before but cant find my post but is the power to the 98 SRX single bulb AC or is it DC? I thought is was AC but now not sure. I would like to get an LED set for my sled from Bluhm.

Well ladies and gentleman. After a long wait on shipping i finally got the setup plugged in and it works perfectly! Will upload video and post the links to what i used later.

Vey nice! You have managed to do something that no one else Could, me included. I will be watching this as I would like to see Iong term effect on stator. Even with a battery I could not get them to run long without overheating stator.

Vey nice! You have managed to do something that no one else Could, me included. I will be watching this as I would like to see Iong term effect on stator. Even with a battery I could not get them to run long without overheating stator.

Its gona have to wait till next year with the rain happening now. I would think the 35watt kit would be easier on the stator then the 100watt halogen ive been running?

The LED's will work for sure. I'm not exactly sure how the HID works as it was explained to me a while back. But the bulb itself draws very little just the balasts that get ya. But your not charging a battery either so it may be OK. I don't know but if it works I got my HID sitting around that I'll try again in one of the old ignition Sleds.

I just received the bulb i ordered so i took canopy off sled and checked if it worked. Il see what beam pattern looks like tonight.DSC_0088.jpg

yes, but i removed the hi/low switch on sled so il only be using low beam. I couldnt really get a good idea of the beam with the sled being where it is but i didnt see any weird dispersed light or glare and it seems quite a bit brighter than the 100watt halogen. i went with 4300k for now and it looks good.

wish i had a dual bulb headlight laying around as ive got a couple spare morimoto projectors.

Back