Led headlight?

So, curious, whats the verdict? LED or HID? I still wanna go with an LED setup someday. devinzz1, that is amazing! You would see a deer at 100 yards! I heard alot about overheating stators, I would like to play it safe and maybe use 2/3 max cap of the stator with everything on. I am not sure why I am all into this as the weather here cost 1 month of winter.

So, curious, whats the verdict? LED or HID? I still wanna go with an LED setup someday. devinzz1, that is amazing! You would see a deer at 100 yards! I heard alot about overheating stators, I would like to play it safe and maybe use 2/3 max cap of the stator with everything on. I am not sure why I am all into this as the weather here cost 1 month of winter.

I only rode a few times with it because weve had no snow since my last post. I can tell you i had a 85/100watt bulb in the headlight before and the 35watt hid is still quite a bit brighter and draws alot less amps (not sure how much efficiency is lost from converting to dc). I can try to see exactly what kind of amperage load the system is drawing when i get the chance.

I had 2 18watt led pods on my bike and theyre comparable.

Back