Low rpm vibration

Johnnyblazer

Hey guys, I have a vmax sx. And I'm having a vibration at low rpm. When I hit the brakes it goes away. Someone said it might be a fairing? Any ideas. Thanks in advance

couple things to check:

1.) belt- check to see if it has hour galssed sides, or try a differnt spare and see if problem persist.
2.) brake rotor on jackshaft, sometimes they get loose on the keyway, (take off caliper )grab it and see if it rocks forward and backward on shaft.
3.) track misaligned and rubbing on track clips, see if the track is running even from side to side.

Check your belt, I had one blow the inner drive cogs making it vibrate. And check the drive axle bearing on the speedo side, had one spin on the shaft giving it excess play it made more of a clunk though.

Going away when you hit the brakes makes me think a possible bad driveline bearing. Check them on the jack shaft and drive axle. If not, pull the chaincase cover and check for a chain/sprocket problem.

If you lock the brakes up does it do it?
If you brake without locking em up does it do it?
Speedo work?
Does it do it with the rear suspension off of the ground?

Last edited:
couple things to check:

1.) belt- check to see if it has hour galssed sides, or try a differnt spare and see if problem persist.
2.) brake rotor on jackshaft, sometimes they get loose on the keyway, (take off caliper )grab it and see if it rocks forward and backward on shaft.
3.) track misaligned and rubbing on track clips, see if the track is running even from side to side.

I agree ... check in that order.

Back