Cheap gas

now .774 a liter here ,so our gallon is $3.51.Hard to imagine this time last year we were paying nearly $6 a gallon.We are still being gouged at the pump.If price of oil dropped 50%,we should be in around .65/liter..don't forget we are taxed heavy by the Government on gas also and now they are thinking of adding another tax to gas to make up for lost revenues..when does it ever end.

Back in the 70's I heard a barrel of crude was going for $2 a barrel..WOW!!! Imagine the profits the Oil companies are making or made over the years...

Yeah, that's when oil was easy to recover, not many taxes and not all the environmental bullshit that has to be dealt with now..... Shale gas and oil sands are expensive and take a lot more energy to recover so it's understandable that the prices are higher, but they should not of been what they were or even what they are now

Dropped to 1.011 today. What i love is the gas gets exported here in town. Gets sent to st. Johns just to getback here again. Then we pay 25 cents more for the same gas?!?

went up here to .839 a liter from .774..what the HELL!! They say it is supposed to drop again to .70 a liter in February...

Alberta is laying off a ton of workers in the Oil Patch,a lot of them leaving..the Government there are now thinking of putting on a Sales Tax,something that was never needed because of the Oil Profits..times are changing..

went up here to .839 a liter from .774..what the HELL!! They say it is supposed to drop again to .70 a liter in February...

Alberta is laying off a ton of workers in the Oil Patch,a lot of them leaving..the Government there are now thinking of putting on a Sales Tax,something that was never needed because of the Oil Profits..times are changing..

And with cars getting more and more fuel efficient people are buying less.

Not trying to get political but.... "Monster" hit it right on the head. If crude oil stays this low for a long period of time, I can only imagine what the little boys and girls (gov't) are thinking of - "NEW" ways to tax us to regain lost tax revenue...

1.73 at the billings Sam's club. 1.85 local price
Nice to have $40 per pickup tank cost left over!

We were at 86/liter on Tuesday now at 96/liter and the oil companies are whining about the low price for a barrel! I bet they are making more profit now than they were when oil was at $100 /barrel.

Back