WHO has snow ?????

bluemonster1

LIFE MEMBER ONLY ONCE!!!
very disappointing this season,had some a little a while back,but the warm temps destroyed it all and long range no snow.Last season we hit a record for snow and cold,this season looks bad.Took time off at xmas to ride,nothing to ride on so far...so sad.And with record low gas prices can't take advantage of it.Gas now .869 per liter here.

I just filled up last night, gas is down to $2.49 here in central WI for regular, I think premium was around $3.00. It's been years since I've seen it that low! We've only got about 1/2" of snow here now but it looks like more is on the way next week, I'm sure it won't be enough to open the trails but it's a start! :D

This is my back yard right now, only about a foot maybe a foot and a half at best. We had 3' back in November but lost most of it in two warmups. From what I hear the trails are pretty good north of 41/28, and hopefully next week we get the snow they're predicting.

well, here in ontario we were supposed to get a large amount on Christmas.... but now its coming as rain, 20-30 mm so there goes that. it is getting cold after that, but it wipes out my plans for Christmas sledding

Piss poor here(no snow,nothing froze).Only had 5cm of snow so far(and that was in November).This time last season I was riding over the back country on a foot and half of snow with cold temps(not the norm here but no snow in dec is not the norm either).Were heading for a record with the least amount of snow for December(record was dec 2010,but that winter kicked into high gear the second week of jan 2011 and continued to the last of march).Hope for a repeat of that winter but my gut feeling is a repeat of the 1982-1983 season(won,t enough snow to get the snowmobile out of the garage).Long range forecast are all over the place,only thing certain is a rain storm.I think were going to pay for the two winters in one we had last season,got to pay the piper.

Last edited:
It's getting cold right after this so, I'm not too worried. it's kinda a good thing for the lakes... This rain will take the snow off then the deep freeze will build a lot of ice and get the frost deep in the ground that can help the trails hold up in the spring. Short term pain for longer term gain is how I see this.

I think your right Roy, it's supposed to drop and stay down so itll help with the base a lot! We'll start seeing lake effect shortly after Christmas too!

cant forget that lake effect! as long as temps are cold, and the lakes aren't frozen we should be okay for snow!

I think your right Roy, it's supposed to drop and stay down so itll help with the base a lot! We'll start seeing lake effect shortly after Christmas too!

Temps supposed to go up here. By the bay we can get some wicked thick fog when it does. The forcast changes literraly every 15mins here.

Ya it changes quite often here too... But the long range looks promising anyways. After Christmas it's supposed to drop in temp so we will see...

Alaska is spotty for snow. According to the lodge by one of my cabins they got a couple feet of snow over the last week. Problem with that is none of the rivers are froze.

Other cabin has about a foot of snow but nowhere to ride to...

Back