who else doesnt have snow?

Ive never personally seen such a loss in snow in one day before. It went from feet of pow to unrideable. Theres some crazy flooding otg too.

it is done in my area for the year...its mountain riding or nothing now. Bad avalanche year too...

Well, the big blizzard here dunpped 4 1/2 inches(the news claimes 7) before the lakes were safe and then got cold so I hear 12-18" of ice as of last weekend but that massive snow melted and we got an inch here and there until Friday, it was 54 degrees out and the 2 1/2" of good hardpack went away and 46 tomorrow and who knows what will happen, good wind though. The front yard is covered with branches. I saw some ppl put their milage per sled in the signature, I won't waste the time so 3 sleds combined, 1 mile.

DSC_0046.jpg

This is same spot.

I drove over this ice in my truck and it was checked at over a foot thick. One warm day single handedly ended this winter.

3 out of next 5 days are above freezing and 30mm rain. In February.. I made this thread to whine about the lack of snow and im getting good use out of it ahaha

In northern nh I have yet to get enough snow to ride. All the storms have either missed us, or dumped only 3-4 inches followed by warm days and rain...2 steps forward and 12 back....I have yet to log a single mile

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

In northern nh I have yet to get enough snow to ride. All the storms have either missed us, or dumped only 3-4 inches followed by warm days and rain...2 steps forward and 12 back....I have yet to log a single mile

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I got 20 miles in test riding my buddy sled on the Monroe trails the end of January. They were ungroomed and pretty rough at low elevation but got better on my way up into the mountains. That's all I've managed this year, 20 miles on a 500 fanner skidoo. I work on a tug boat and have been watching very keenly during this 2 weeks away. I get home Wednesday and am holding out promise that there might be a dumping Wednesday-Thursday this week. The storm can't seem to make up its mind it's either going to be a lot of rain or a lot of snow. I am seeing posts on hardcore slender that people are finding great snow north of island pond and it's a short drive up there for me. I may have to load her up and head up there with my father in law as my guide and at least get one good day of riding in.

Supposed to get a foot today. Can't wait. It will only last for a couple days though but its better than what we have had considering I thought last weekends ride up north was going to be it.

40mm rain and double digit pluses tomorrow and friday. Pluses all weekend then. There isnt any snow now but...

Back