I'm jumpin ship!!!

Cooper0809

Well, after last Saturday's ride in bracbridge Ontario and experiencing some pretty bad trails...I've realized this SRX of mine needs to go after this season. It has been a great a sled, very fun and fast and handles amazing on a groomed trail! Not all trails are groomed all the time though and I "want" something that can handle the rough stuff. It took me and a buddy 4.5hrs to cover 77km of trail....average speed was 20-30mph. Even on a straight away, we just couldn't go faster because the trails were so bad...for the SRX & enticer.

i thought about installing a 136" into the SRX to make it handle rough stuff a bit better,and it would be way cheaper, but I still wouldn't have the front travel though. Do I need a new sled?? No, but I "want" one. This is a want, and nobody needs to spend a pile of money on a new sled, lol. Do I need to go super fast? No, 100mph is fast enough and even then I probably would only go that fast across a lake anyways.

So, I demoed a new viper with my kid neighbor before we hit the trails on Saturday...we brought the SRX & enticer so we could ride after the demo. Those new vipers are SWEET sleds!!! I demoed an ltx se with a 137" and what a smooth ride! Definitely doesn't pull like the SRX, but I'm fine with that. It still pulls nice and has plenty of torque. The suspension soaks up the bumps with ease, and I was quite impressed with how it handled. Very nice sled overall, and I realize it will need some tweaking to my liking. I'm not going to give a full review of it, but just saying I will be "jumping ship" to a new 4 stroke viper in the spring! I bet I had some worried about a different brand! Lol gotchas

Heres my questions, how many of you have bought new sleds where you were able to bargain with the dealer? How much room do I have for bargaining? Can you bargain on a spring order? Any tips or tricks you guys have used in the past (bargaining chips) to get a good deal would be greatly appreciated! I will be listing the SRX for sale once I spring order...I'll still be keeping the 340 enticer for my kids, so I'll still be on the 2 stroke side of things. So hopefully the rest of this season is a good one on the SRX!

:yam:

I tested the vipers and the only down fall for me was the vector had better throttle response then the viper. Other then that it was a nice ride and was not fully setup. Meaning just put together for the rides not for your weight and how you ride. Another thing I seen on here was how they have a hard time starting in sub-zero weather. I can't say that is for all of them just the one I seen on youtube. Any ways just a few things to ask about before buying. Also they had a primer installed to help with starting? For now enjoy the SRX. I would have a hard time letting mine go. Nice to have a back up.

I'd like to keep the srx, but I don't need 3 sleds. Lol I'd like 3 sleds but it's just more money keeping them all going.

I don't know about up there but down here I have found a few listed by dealers claiming they were demo vipers from last year. All had 300-800 miles on them and were at least 3K less than a brand new one it was setting next to.

Ya it's the same up here, last years demo models for around 2-3k less. But I'm financing cuz u do t have that kind of cash sittin around so it only makes sense that if I'm buying new...an extra 2-3k will only change the payments by $10-$20 a month anyways. That and I know the machine hasn't been abused by someone demoing it...like I did when I demoed! lol

Im not brand loyal. Have you looked at other sleds? Polaris' new axys sleds are amazing. 4 strokes just arent my thing.

I'm brand loyal! Blue heart for life!!! I honestly can't stand the look of that axys. I'm sure it's a great sled, just not my style. I'm going 4 stroke for longevity. If I want to hold it to the bar I can without worrying. My buddy just blew up 98 Polaris and will be buying the new axys. I'm trying to get him to go with the viper but I don't think it will happen...

Last edited:
Oh for sure, I had it to the bar every chance I could get! Smashed through the bumps too....gotta see what she's capable of before I spend lots of money. That's what the demoed are for...I would never buy a demo.

I thought the same thing about the polaris axys, it looks like a retarded beaver, kinda like the old revs, that is.. until you ride it for a few miles in nasty bumpy trails, youll get over the looks real quick because you cant see the back of the sled while riding it. Youll find the transition from sitting to standing effortless and how much quicker you get from point a to b because the sled isnt bucking you in the butt and flying all discombobulated, it makes you think your a better rider then you are. Try one for a few miles of riding before you write off!

Oh for sure, I had it to the bar every chance I could get! Smashed through the bumps too....gotta see what she's capable of before I spend lots of money. That's what the demoed are for...I would never buy a demo.
Same way I ride the one I own!!!

I am brand loyal, for how much I've made fun of the axis I could never through a leg over it. But I will say their suspension tech is great, no doubt about it. I find the rider forward position great for bumps but cornering Is almost scary, they rolllllll. Our sled club has 3 groomers so rough trails are almost unheard of, so I'll stick with my sx till Yamaha comes out with something that I like. For the time being, I'm young enough to soak up the odd day of rough trails on my oll no action ahaha.

I found the transition from sittin to standing quite nice on the viper. I can stand up and ride very comfortably, I'm only 5'8". Back and legs were straight and my arms werent stretched out...was really nice. I think my buddy is getting that axys so I'll try it when he does. Somethin about a yamaha engine that just revs my heart! Lol

Oh ya forsure! I plan on riding the srx for the remainder of the season and buying a 2016. Soo, does anybody have any tips on bargaining with the dealer? My buddy said go to the bank and get a certified cheque made out for certain amount and walk in to dealer saying this is what I'm willing to pay. He says it's like having cash in hand. If they say no, he says to walk and they usually come runnin after ya...this is what my buddy says to do. I don't want to lowball them but I want a deal of some sort. Any other ideas?

I am brand loyal, for how much I've made fun of the axis I could never through a leg over it. But I will say their suspension tech is great, no doubt about it. I find the rider forward position great for bumps but cornering Is almost scary, they rolllllll. Our sled club has 3 groomers so rough trails are almost unheard of, so I'll stick with my sx till Yamaha comes out with something that I like. For the time being, I'm young enough to soak up the odd day of rough trails on my oll no action ahaha.

I heard that about those. Snowtrax mag says different...supposedly they take corners well. I don't know and don't care, I'm buyin a viper anyways.��

once you get so far north the trails smooth and straiten out and you would be wishing you had that srx to stretch its legs! but i got to say, i headed south to gravenhurst area last year for a ride and wish i had a rider forward sled. guess it depends on the type of trails you run.

the deals are on at the end of the season on left overs and non currents. that is how I bought my 05 rx war. it was $10500.00 plus pdi and tax in the spring of 07 on a 6 month no payment financing plan. saved the coin and made one payment that fall on it. every one hates to put them away and would rather sell them than store them. current sled, 2011 apex xtx, was bought the last day of 2012 for $12000.00 + pdi and tax. if I would have waited for spring it would have been lower but I thought it was worth it at the time. don't shop at the big dealers as they will not deal as much as the small ones do. the last 3 sleds I bought did not come from the local dealer as he would not deal or did not have what I wanted for a sled.

Back