I'm jumpin ship!!!

once you get so far north the trails smooth and straiten out and you would be wishing you had that srx to stretch its legs! but i got to say, i headed south to gravenhurst area last year for a ride and wish i had a rider forward sled. guess it depends on the type of trails you run.

Ill miss it dearly for a lot of reasons, but suspension is important to me. I'm only 30 and physically fit, so it doesn't hurt me that bad goin through the rough stuff. The problem is I like to put on high miles and I need something that's going to power through those bumps.

the deals are on at the end of the season on left overs and non currents. that is how I bought my 05 rx war. it was $10500.00 plus pdi and tax in the spring of 07 on a 6 month no payment financing plan. saved the coin and made one payment that fall on it. every one hates to put them away and would rather sell them than store them. current sled, 2011 apex xtx, was bought the last day of 2012 for $12000.00 + pdi and tax. if I would have waited for spring it would have been lower but I thought it was worth it at the time. don't shop at the big dealers as they will not deal as much as the small ones do. the last 3 sleds I bought did not come from the local dealer as he would not deal or did not have what I wanted for a sled.

Maim, did you try to get them for a bit lower of a price? Or did you just pay what they were asking?

I'd like a turb, but I don't need one. I hear they only add an extra 10-20mph anyways....Ya it would be fun in the powder but I can't justify one for the price. $20k sled...no thanks, $15k is high enough.

Maim, did you try to get them for a bit lower of a price? Or did you just pay what they were asking?

I asked for wiggle room and had been shopping around before hand so I knew the prices where pretty good and they did move a small amout but the small dealers usually have awesome prices to begin with. around here, play power sports will match a lower price if he has the same unit (new local dealer) or will make you a good deal on what he has. he did offer me a 2013 vector ltx with all the a arm gaurds and pan protector for $200.00 more than I was paying for the apex when I bought it. he knows me well though as I will never buy what is there unless it is what I want and he has seen me walk away because of that too.

I do know that the dealer in north bay will never sell me a sled as he wants full pop on everything and will not move a bit off of the Yamaha incentives or even offer any extras either. heck my brother that lives there is ready to start mail ordering his parts from vernor he is so pissed at them.

I asked for wiggle room and had been shopping around before hand so I knew the prices where pretty good and they did move a small amout but the small dealers usually have awesome prices to begin with. around here, play power sports will match a lower price if he has the same unit (new local dealer) or will make you a good deal on what he has. he did offer me a 2013 vector ltx with all the a arm gaurds and pan protector for $200.00 more than I was paying for the apex when I bought it. he knows me well though as I will never buy what is there unless it is what I want and he has seen me walk away because of that too.

I do know that the dealer in north bay will never sell me a sled as he wants full pop on everything and will not move a bit off of the Yamaha incentives or even offer any extras either. heck my brother that lives there is ready to start mail ordering his parts from vernor he is so pissed at them.

Ya that's not right, if your bro is giving them lots of business it would be smart of them to give at least a discount. That's how people lose customers IMO. Some people just don't get it though...thanks for the info maim

Wow! Did about 353km today with 5 buddies. Couple of them got tickets. But my sled performed awesome!!! Raced my buddies nytro and we did a rolling start and were dead even until we ran outta room. Just slayed the trails today. I can barely move and my knees are killin...but it was well worth it! I looked at the gps max speed after the trip and I guess I got up to 166km/hr. Gona be hard to sell this old girl!

image.jpg (53.1 KB)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 9
We started in singhampton, then went through wasaga beach up to midland. Then over to coldwater and back down to singhampton.

If your serious about buying it let me know. I won't be selling until season is over.

Last edited:
Like Maim said earlier, don't buy at the largest dealer around. I was shopping for a newer one(5 yo) and knew the KBB on it and made an offer and the salesman said "I really don't care if you buy it or not, but you will pay my asking price" something close to that and he turned around and walked away. Being used, it was beat bad and in a minute before he got there, I found 4 major flaws. 1 being 90% of the studs torn out and the remaining removed. I am not talking new though. We don't get enough snow here to justify a new one.

Back