Mountian max problem!

Kodman

I have a 2001 yamaha mountian max 700 and it has been running really rough like it has no power and doesn't want to rev over 7200, and when I hold it wide open it bogs down and then goes up to 7200

huummmm...clean clutchs, carbs, and if it is not good, maybe the springs of the primary and secondary damaged (too soft).
what is rpm engagement ?

I just had the carbs out and cleaned them all, but how would I check the filter in the tank? And also when I go to get on the gas it sounds horrible almost like its misfiring like crazy or the exhaust is leaking really bad, and when I had to milk it home I was feeling wat felt like ratcheting but my chain was tight and my track was in spec

if the color spark plug is good, clutch clean too , the rpm engagement is good ,
I think is a weakness of the secondary spring.

I tore my clutches apart and found that my belt has a ton of tears on the top side of it and has a part that looks like the rubber has been melted and has string ripped out and showing all over it, also there is a lot of rubber marks left on my primary from the bottom all the way up to the middle of the sheave face

Well the belt could cause both of those. When you tore the chaincase apart did you only check the bearings in the case or did you check all of them. Most likely the belt is your problem but changing a driveshaft bearing before it explodes is a much easier task in the garage.

Check the bearing make sure it hasn't moved just to be on the safe side. Have you swapped the belt yet to see if it takes care of the problems?

So as an update, I put a new primary and secondary spring in, and tightend up my track Wich got rid of the skipping feeling, but my snowmachine still running horrible, like it idles great and runs great till like 6200 rpm and when I get on it more the machine sounds horrible and if I hold it wide open it only gets up to 7500 rpm

Back