Mountian max problem!

Had a similar problem lost power almost seemed to foul plugs on upper end. Ended up being the stator. You did clean carbs right?

Have you clipped the spark plug wires back a little to see if that improves anything? How old is the gas? If you lift the rear end does it rev up without having a load on it?

You can try oreillys up there in North Pole before you buy online. I know my district manager here in Anchorage stocks her stores with the caps. Replaced mine last year and they were cheaper then ordering them.

I always use a spark detector and if it looks erratic or not lighting up constantly change them. I'm sure there's a more official way but that's always worked for me. If they are the originals it's a cheap place to start.

So I bi passed my tors and still runs horrible, but after getting back and looking at my plugs cylinder one and three are running a bit on the lean side and cylinder two is run in really rich

Did you try the wires and boots yet? Also are you just looking at the plugs when you make that statement? I'm asking because if the plugs aren't firing and your reading the plugs....

Clip the wires back replace all three and see if it changes. That's the first step. Could be the stator but start with the cheap easy options.

Back