Mountian max problem!

Have simple things been checked yet, fouled spark plugs, correct spark plugs in it, plug caps in spec, etc.? If that #2 plug is starting to foul it will certainly cause a top rpm issue like you're describing.
And is the clutching and gearing stock?
Unplugging the headlight and making sure the hand warmers are off can also help in diagnosing a stator issue, if unplugging that stuff cures the problem then the stator output is weak.

Last edited:

So yes I have fresh has but I took the carbs off agian and notice the adjustments were way off so I turned the fuel screws back to factory spec and took it for a ride it ran great for the first pull, it pulled harder than I have ever felt it pull, and I dipped off and was playing in the powder and I went to pin it in the snow and it started to do the studder agian but not quite as bad so I went home and check plugs and cylinder one is a bit fat and cylinder two and three were lean, so I am getting a new fuel filter tomorrow but is there any way to clean the fuel pump or take it apart and check to see if it is ok?

So I have a 60 degree twist on my secondary, and I put a new fuel filter in the sled and made some carb adjustments just to put them back to factory cause who ever owned this before me had messed with it and took it for a ride and thought it was fixed on hardpack it reved up fine, then I got into the snow and started to rev up and its like it lost a cylinder agian, and when I went home I hade three different plug readings, cylinder 1 was rich cylinder 2 was almost perfect and cylinder 3 was a bit lean

Whats the jetting your running? Whats the elevation your riding in? Exhaust all stock? If your plugs are reading so different either needles are set different on the carbs, someone has messed with the jetting, or your carbs are full of crap.

Back