02 Mountain Max skid and track update

My skid is a 162" from a 10 m1000 many cat mountain skids use these same mount locations. Mine has the fox float rear shocks. This is mounted in a 2002 mm700 stock tunnel stock chaincase 8 tooth extrovert drivers.

Front mount hole is 9.5" back from center of mounted driveshaft and 6 7/8" down from top of tunnel.
rear mount is 30 3/4" back from front hole and 8 3/4" from top of tunnel.

I built a thicker mount plate for the front so that the narrower cat skid fits tightly into the tunnel, no spacers needed.
These mount locations are modified from stock cat locations to copy the "GEO" mod many of them have done to improve transfer and eliminate trenching.
One limiter shaft also needs to be slightly moved to complete the "geo". The cross shaft just in front of the lower rear arm mount needs to be moved up and forward so it allows full suspension travel.
I will post a picture of my new mount location and you can also find pictures of this on the cat forums.

I have been riding this suspension for 2 yrs and loving it. I can keep up or surpass my friends on 2008-11 doos and poos. YAY

uploadfromtaptalk1458507869858.jpg
You can kind of see my approach angle here with my front limiter strap in the center hole. I haven't measured it but have no more trenching than anyone I've ridden with so it seems to work good.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks NST115! I'm looking forward to my extended chain case and adding the cat skid to it! Right now I'm out riding the sled and have become the runt of the group. Everyone is riding newer sleds and that crap 141 track is holding me up now. So with all these mods Im about ready to do will make a world of difference. Raising the front up 2" with Fox Floats, Fabcraft Tunnel/ Tailing Arms with radius rods (which are on there now), cat skid, 155 track. So about a 65lbs weight loss and a whole new suspension set up should get me there!

Back