turbo srx

roostersrx

has anyone ever done this? I have a friend that has everything fabed up, just need info on jetting it will be running 6 psi 99 srx 700 we just need starting point on jetting. pics will be posted when complete. thanks

it's been done in the rockies on the canadian side, I looked into it awhile back but didn't come up with much, I'm looking into it myself tho and will no doubt have questions for you in the near future, as far as jetting goes... I'm definatly not qualified to answer that, but EGT's are obviosly a must.

found the original post

http://www.yamaha info.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4517

you'll have to take out the space in the middle of yamaha_info

www.powderlites.com looks like the guys to call.

Last edited:
we already have the egt's head pipe modded turbo mounted very close to completion, i will get pics soon. we are trying to make this a sleeper

he said in that post he added power jets and is running 165-162.5 mains and stock pilots

I'm still caught up on running intake pressure higher than fuel pressure, shouldn't the float get slammed closed under boost?

wow, what a coincidence. i just started researching on puttin a turbo on my srx with bender race pipes and 835 kit. when you guys get it all tinkered out let me know if you learned anything new. thanks!!!

anybody got a solution to the pressurized float bowl problem?

other issue on my mind is oiling the turbo, I think that's doable with just a fluid transfer pump, might not live long, but it's something, and sealed bearing turbo's are big money and from what I've seen, don't last to long either.

Last edited:
so whats wrong with presurising the float bowl

drill small hole tape so you can run a fuel line to power jets taped in in front of your carbs.
conect all your vent tubes to gether and take one line to air box.
need to taper front of carbs so when bust comes on it does not blow air box off
i have done this
it is on mm700 2000
used aridym turbo
had my 156 inch mountian sled over 120 mph at about 7000 feet alt.

climes likes hell
call it the energizer bunny.
by the way the tubo set up is for sale
going to new 4 stroke and supper charger

call we me if you want 801 9107714

I tinkered with the idea of a supercharger for a while very recently. I also found the perfect one which is self contain. IT is a 7" diameter and I would run a another belt of of my belt drive which replaces my chain drive. I could also run this at 1:1 because the supercharger has internal gearing of 4.7:1 with a max impeller speed of 80,000 rpms putting out 24 pounds of boost at max and it is perfect for the srx. I may tinkewr with it alittle more next year. I really had it thought out pretty well and was also wondering how high the jets would have to go up. This setup would be run without an intercooler and I would just throw a lot more air in there. I will pursue it next year I think.

I have done a few turbos on other sleds but not a SRX.
This would be my best guess for setup.
Install Power Jets on all carbs with #100 jet to start.
Use stock jetting for the rest for now. Recheck plugs and wash after it's running well. You will also need to drill and tap the tops of the carbs. Install hose barbs. also intall hose barbs in your new airbox. Run a hose from tops of carbs and ALL float bowl vents to the airbox. (your making pressure equal in the float bowls, top carb slide and intake) Now the carbs will work correctly when under pressure and normal vac.

For fuel, I install the Cat EFI pump. You will also need to install Regulator:
74115810.jpg

Fuel pressure regulator
You need a return line to run back to the tank.
Adjust fuel pressure to 10 MORE then boost.
THIS IS A MUST!
So 10lbs of boost is 20psi fuel pressure.
8 lbs = 18 psi, 6 lbs = 16 psi...

To turn on the fuel pump you need a NORMALY OPEN 5psi Hobbs switch:
132-16006.jpg

Hobbs switch

Intstall the hobbs switch in the new airbox. It feels more then 5psi in the air box and turns on the pump.

Last edited:
matt, you got a link to this supercharger? how much does it cost? i'd like to see it and the dimensions to see fitment. thanks!!!

yah, here is a link to it.

http://www.procharger.com/models.shtml

It is the C-1 supercharger and you can see from this information how perfect this setup is for the srx. Another thing you could do if you don't run it off a belt drive is make a special jackshaft where a belt can run off of that to feed your power to it. It is also self contained so you would not have to feed oil lines to it. As for the cost, I am going to try to get in contact with them next year or whenever I try this I dea to get the supercharger alone. I found a used one on ebay the other day with the intercooler for a certain car and all the other necesary things go for $1,625 which isn't that bad at all. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks

This probably seems like a dumb question for you guys that have experience with these. But how do turbo 2-strokes not blow crank seals out? I've always been told when doing leak-down tests to test no higher than 7psi so as not to blow the seals out. What's the trick?

Does the crankcase not actually realize the pressure increase as much when the motor is running?

thanks for the info matt, keep in touch with what you find out. i think theres a way of extending the driveshaft out to run a pulley. prob is, i'm a little tight on room with the bender pipes!!! thanks for the info!!!

Hmmm...I've been thinking these out for a long time. The crank seal thing is a concern so I'd like to hear what you guys have to say abou that. Also, How do you do this without a intercooler? I've read of major detonation issues with a turbo'd two stroke.

I have not seen any crank seal issues, with any turbo sled I have worked on. Most run 10~12 lbs of boost.
You may have to back the timing down a bit for pump prem fuel. Many turbo sleds (and kits) came without any intercooler. The intercooler really helps for repeat drag runs. Base (cool) pull is the same hp.

Back