Porting

Viktory2k1

VIP Member
I would like to send out the cyls this summer for some porting. I know a few members have machine shops or speed shops. I'm talking in a month or 2 at the earliest. A general ball park figure would be great also. I pay instantly, still 100% on ebay. I would also like to know what would complement porting with out getting too far off. If anyone is willing, please let me know.

Porting, jetting and clutching will make a huge difference when all dialed in. After that, get the suspension set up correctly.

Mr viper will hook u up... You won't believe the difference, I probally gained 6 to 8 sled lengths in 500' grass drag ��

I have heard NOTHING but fantastic things about mrviper. great guy with great results. keep toying with the idea of porting the viper when its going back together..

I'm not going to speak for mr viper but I think he has set prices for the porting jobs he does.... I went from runnin 6.2's to 5.8's in 500' ,I'm 240lbs too.. The after the job tech was great !

Im thinking of getting my srx ported by mr viper, the deciding factor will be the shipping cost, I've read nothing but positive reviews about mr viper on this forum and every other forum I've peeked in on

Be very careful with who you select to do your porting and all other performance work. Mr Viper has an excellent reputation on this site with very vocal satisfied customers. I bought an SRX from a member of this site who paid top dollar for a porting job from an "expert" only to find it was a polishing job at the most. The same person who "ported" the cylinders used a mix and match of 98-99 SRX heads and cylinders with 2000 heads and cylinders along with gutting the air box which made the sled super sensitive to atmospheric conditions. Know what you are paying for and you can't pay too much for top quality work!!!

Jim

Plus 1 for Don. Especially liked the build sheet that states everything in very user friendly style.

He hasn't responded. Maybe he's booked? Mrviper, would you be willing to do this? 3g, that is a huge gain! Shipping won't be too bad I don't think. I haven't seen anything on here posted from him today yet so maybe he didn't get on. He is a wizard with these things. Better then any local shops. There used to be a good one nearby but they moved and now I can't find them. I am not going to ship them to some company I know nothing about. Do the cyls need to be replated after porting?
I don't know, hopefully he responds.

Yet to mention still pump gas and trail friendly... No replating of cylinders is needed... My brother had a hauck ported srx and double the $ in his motor and there was no contest in a drag race or top end race with basically same set ups other than who ported what

Ive heard and talked to guys up here that had Mr.Viper's port job with great reviews and results. I kick myself for not getting my Viper done when the Canadian dollars was at par with the US dollar.

I am planning to get this done also. Do you need to, or does it help to get the heads worked also? So far everywhere I ride I can get good premium fuel, but so far I have only ridden around home and the Cadillac area of Michigan. 93 octane but never checked ethanol content. I will guess it probably has some

Heads too? Man, I wish he would respond either way. Pump gas here is still 93 at any gas station or 110 here and there if you feel like paying $7.75 a gallon. No thanks to that.

Last edited:
Im in Canada so shipping is a little irate sometimes when shipping over the border lol, I solely run 94 save for one time I ran 91, if you tell him what your going to do with your snomocyclet, riding style and how much power you want and all that he will tell you what will work for you as far as engine wise right off the bat, he did for me

Seems like my riding style changed this year. Now I just want to go fast. I rode the lake 80% of the time. I put 4 miles on the trails. Maybe 40 making all my own. The rest of the time I was testing what did what and seeing how fast I could go. That does get old after a while though. I don't think I want a drag race setup but like to do that. If I went that way I think the sled would be useless for anything else. I guess I would want a lake monster that I could take on the trail and cruise every once in a while. Have to run 93 and no higher. That much $ for gas would take the fun out of it. No aftermarket pipes, I don't think there is anything wrong with the srx pipes no matter how you ride. Nothing can happen until after my late Fathers estate is settled. His widow is trying to hose myself, my brother and sister out of our inheiritance so gotta pay legal fees. Just today I found out that the court date is mid next month. She already auctioned off 75% of our willed stuff and he even had a prenup. I know we are not going to get half of whats willed to us because she sold it. He was a gun collector and they were all willed to my brother, she sold over half of them(he had to have over 50)we ended up with 15 maybe or 20. My brother had 5 dui's so he is a felon and cant have any so I got a bunch and my sister got a bunch. I don't want to get in to it on the srx forum, the lounge is a better place for that but thats why I've been waiting to really buy anything. We shouldn't have even had to hire a lawyer. That John Deere sled I have he bought brand new. I didn't get it from my Dad but that all I really have left of him and He knew I found it a few months before he died. A buddy of mine asked me if I wanted an old sled he had in his shed, I said sure and it was the one my Father bought new. The one in my sig. He gave it to my brother as a graduation present and he sold it after many problems with it. The thing was ready for the bone yard when I got it but look at it now, my garage. Sorry, getting off topic but just found out about the court date literally hours ago. Once that is all done, then I can go nuts on the srx. I don't even know for sure what year the motor is from. I smoked the original one and bought one on ebay and got lucky. I isn't any newer then a 99 because all the wiring matched.

Back