Porting

You can ride the lake race setup on the trail, the fuel you run is based on the compression ratio, pump gas goes up to 94 here, my buddy runs an xcr 600 punched to 800 and a bunch of porting, he runs jet fuel and he rides the trail with it sometimes, it's a pig but it's built for speed runs, it's all about what you want to do with it, what fuel you want to run, where you want to ride mostly, youl never win the ice drags and snow cross on the same sled so just choose where you don't wanna loose lol

I doubt he runs jet fuel, as jet fuel is essentially diesel. Maybe he runs some Avgas.

You can ride the lake race setup on the trail, the fuel you run is based on the compression ratio, pump gas goes up to 94 here, my buddy runs an xcr 600 punched to 800 and a bunch of porting, he runs jet fuel and he rides the trail with it sometimes, it's a pig but it's built for speed runs, it's all about what you want to do with it, what fuel you want to run, where you want to ride mostly, youl never win the ice drags and snow cross on the same sled so just choose where you don't wanna loose lol

So running kerosene in my tank will make my sled faster ???

Newbs, disregard this part of the thread lol.

Get in touch with Mr.Viper Don he will tell you want all you can do and what you need to send him. he does great work !

Actually, Jet fuel is kerosene without the pariffins and is an octane booster.

Are you sure about that? I believe jet fuel is used in octane booster as a carrier for the active ingredients. I don't think jet fuel itself will increase octane.

my brother has an Indy 500 drag race sled that runs a jet fuel mix, the xcr runs on c12, my brain mixes things up sometimes, sorry for the mix up lol

And jet fuel is very similar to deisel fuel, a lot of jet fuel are actualy kerosine based so yes, and my buddy used to work at an airport and he told me some of there diesels ran jet fuel instead because it's like an oil, lots of lubricity, there's different types of jet fuel but I can't see the op running jetfuel or c12, my point was that you could run the big porting on the trail, just my .02 but I love the discussion on the fuels, maibe we should have a big discussion on what we've heard and know about different fuels and there use, would be benificial I think

Yes, you can run jet-a in a diesel, because it is essentially a diesel fuel or more like a kerosene. But it has less lubricsity compared to diesel fuel, not more. To run it straight for any extended amount of time, you would have to add a lubricant to it.
My guess is that your friend is confusing avgas with jet fuel, two completely different types of fuels.

No he I think he mentioned the extra lubricant, I just meant compared to gasoline, avgas is just an aviation variant of gasoline with some extra additives and more octane is this correct?

http://www.totallyamaha.net/threads...AT-YOUR-OWN-RISK/page3?highlight=Naptha+based

Last edited:
Just don't put gasoline in your kerosene heater!!lol
I almost put kerosene in my sled and gas in my heater. I couldn't get at my kerosene can so I used another gas can. I didn't almost but It could have happened. I can see it, first sled won't run, drag it in the garage and turn on the heater. Then sled and me and house gone! Mr viper and I got in touch, its all good.

Yeah I got stuck in that article also, then I wanted to see what is in seafoam. The best I could find is(Its top secret). 50% light hydrocarbon oil, 30% naphtha, 10% isopropyl alcohol, and 10% water. This is what they used in it in 1996 so maybe it changed. I sent a pm to nosboy to look into, he loves researching this stuff. If he gets into this thread, it would be 100 pages long. Hes not on too often, hope he's ok.

I've never chatted with him but hope he's ok all the same, he seams like he has his fair share of wisdom, would love to see what he's got to say about the seafoam, I used to have a ton of fun with it in college with an old mx6 running on 5 cylinders lol

Yeah I got stuck in that article also, then I wanted to see what is in seafoam. The best I could find is(Its top secret). 50% light hydrocarbon oil, 30% naphtha, 10% isopropyl alcohol, and 10% water. This is what they used in it in 1996 so maybe it changed. I sent a pm to nosboy to look into, he loves researching this stuff. If he gets into this thread, it would be 100 pages long. Hes not on too often, hope he's ok.
I'm "GRATEFUL" that you guys are here thinking about me !!! I STAY AWAY from TOTALLYAMAHA from March to September and get into drag racing my 1973 Dodge Challenger…. As far as SEAFOAM is concerned,,,, believe it or not,, they DO MODIFY the "concoction" at times to the ever changing laws and chemical suppliers.. You see,, the "business" is so ever changing and the suppliers change often.. there is also some "characteristics" that require the addition of "natural phenomena" like that 10% water added to sea foam.. there is NO WATER added to their recipe… you MAY just find a water separation because of the ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL ( hydroscopic).. so the "water" is an ingredient so you don't return it PISSED OFF that they watered it down,, which will NOT HURT your sled and lay in one small CHUNK when it's wintertime inside our gas tank !!!! The trade name is called "pale oil" and it's blended (mixed) with NAPHTHA ( which is the SECRET INGREDIENT) of 99% of all of that SNAKE OIL additives which CURE your INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE….

I'm "GRATEFUL" that you guys are here thinking about me !!! I STAY AWAY from TOTALLYAMAHA from March to September and get into drag racing my 1973 Dodge Challenger…. As far as SEAFOAM is concerned,,,, believe it or not,, they DO MODIFY the "concoction" at times to the ever changing laws and chemical suppliers.. You see,, the "business" is so ever changing and the suppliers change often.. there is also some "characteristics" that require the addition of "natural phenomena" like that 10% water added to sea foam.. there is NO WATER added to their recipe… you MAY just find a water separation because of the ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL ( hydroscopic).. so the "water" is an ingredient so you don't return it PISSED OFF that they watered it down,, which will NOT HURT your sled and lay in one small CHUNK when it's wintertime inside our gas tank !!!! The trade name is called "pale oil" and it's blended (mixed) with NAPHTHA ( which is the SECRET INGREDIENT) of 99% of all of that SNAKE OIL additives which CURE your INTERNAL COMBUSTION ENGINE….

Like I've said many times.. Look for the MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETS (MSDS) and look for the product or CAS numbers.. GOOGLE that number and read along.. you can learn a LOT OF STUFF just surfing the internet

Back