Anybody from MN for a road trip...? To the UP.

Nicko

Argentino Loco
I'm trying to have a back up plan for next weekend (Feb. 20-22) since the MN trails might not get any snow.

I want to go to houghton/copper harbor, or somewhere around. Anybody care to join me. I hate to drive 7 hours by myself. Besides I don't want to ride alone.... :cry:

I can provide truck, trailer, TLC and spanish class on the way up there...LOL

Nick

Last edited:

Well that was something xtra. Let make it optional.

I will love to go to Montana, but with my daughters birthday coming up I don't want to have a problem and get stock there if you know what I mean, besides I have to help with all teh set up.

Lets see how it goes, If yu want I can start looking or rooms and start getting serious about trail conditions....

Nick

She is going to be 3. Yes its just me this year, I'm trying to intrude my wife to the sport slowly. Besides Michigan is crazy for a first timer.

I want to go to houghton and from there to Cooper Harbor. But anywhere will be fine, I know they usually get dump there. You can wake up one morning and bum 3ft of fresh Snow.

Will see.

Nick

I have a 3 year old boy and 3 month old boy. My wife is a newbie also, last year was her first time riding by her self. and this year she has not rode at all. So i though a nice little guided trip thru Yellowstone might be good for her. I want to go up to the U.P.also. but will see.
Mike

Hey Nick, Tom is talking about TY ride in Munising the second weekend in March. As my 3 year old would say "wouldn't that be sweet"!

Sorry, I'm confused now. Just me and you to michigan or the entire family. I don't think my wife is up for it....Who's planning that Munising trip...?

Nick

Sorry,MrSled is planing TY March Ride. I asked him when he said he was thinking the second weekend in March. As far as who going I'm sure my wife is going if we go.And hopefully u and Your wife can go.

I will love to go, but my wife will pass on this one.

Maybe Mr. Sled can give us some dates, hotels, etc ?

If we go do you want to share the drive up there....are you bringing 2 sleds...? I only have a 2 place trailer.....

Nick

I can't that weekend, but anything after that will be good.....What about the weekend of the 14th or the 21st. How many are on your group...?

You guys have long tracks or short tracks? If long, i'd be willing to show you some decent offtrail stuff in the houghton/south of houghton area. I'm only on a 144, but the snow is DEEP out there.

I have a 136 and 2 years back I played off trialwith a guide we hired and it was unbelievable...I had the best time.....I did got stuck a few times but it was all part of the fun......

Hey DIRTJUMPER, Are you there now...? Are you planning to be there...? What is your idea...

I have a friend in Houghton he will be happy if we head up there....Wich weekend will work for you...?

Only thing that is stopping me is the 8 hour drive by myslef

Nick

Nicko said:
I will love to go, but my wife will pass on this one.
Maybe Mr. Sled can give us some dates, hotels, etc ?
If we go do you want to share the drive up there....are you bringing 2 sleds...? I only have a 2 place trailer.....
Nick

Yes we are bringing 2 sleds....so we'll have to haul them separate. We could maybe meet up and convey together! I think MrSled is in WI on the demo ride, so when he gets back I'm sure he'll message me on at least the dates. We'll keep in touch for more info and details.
Mike :letitsnow :letitsnow

Well if you guys don't mind I will be the only one not bringing a wife. Otherwise I totally understand if you guys want to do a couple trip.

I think it will be fun to have a big group and meet AKA Dirtjumper up there and Drew, AKA (VenomMod).

In case is ok with you guys I'm going solo, should we start getting more serious about this....dates...?

Nick

At some point I too am going to need to venture to the UP it seems. The problem being my snowmobile remains north of Brainerd and I don't have the means to get it down to the Twin Cities to meet anyone and head out. I'd likely have to leave from up there, as the sled and all my gear stays there. Usually I'm not forced to have to trailer to find snow, and this season started off with promise but has gone south in a hurry!

Back