Anybody from MN for a road trip...? To the UP.

snowpunisher said:
Last year goal 1000 miles fell short with 700 miles =300
This year goal 1000 miles only at 400 miles =====+600
Grand total =============================900 miles
HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU HAVE?
:letitsnow

Like I said I'm pretty flexible. I don't have a real boss except the misses.

Pardon my ignorance...CLEAN SNOW CHALLENGE ?

That is about the only weekend that I can't make work. Oh well, hope everyone has a good time. Looks like the snow machine is getting turned back on over there.

Nicko said:
Pardon my ignorance...CLEAN SNOW CHALLENGE ?

Yea, clean snowmobile challenge. Here's a link to the SAE Clean snow site. http://students.sae.org/competitions/snowmobile/about.htm

We basically try and reengineer new components on an existing current chassis sled, with the goals of being emissions and noise friendly, while maintaining a cost efficienct and well packaged sled. Its pretty neat.

dirtjumper895 said:
Yea, clean snowmobile challenge. Here's a link to the SAE Clean snow site. http://students.sae.org/competitions/snowmobile/about.htm

We basically try and reengineer new components on an existing current chassis sled, with the goals of being emissions and noise friendly, while maintaining a cost efficienct and well packaged sled. Its pretty neat.

You forgot to mention that you guys are working on a Polaris. You guys have a Yamaha, but don't work on it. HAHAHA. Love it.

How many days are you guys thinking...From like Thursday night till Sunday? More, less ? That could give us at least 2 full days of riding.....Any special request for hotels.....? I can start looking and see if we can get a group discount...
Nick[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking we r going to leave Wed the 11 early morning because we might have to leave Sat night or early sun morning. a pool is a must for us. let know what u find. so who all going?
Mike

Should we move it one weekend ahead or back to Feb. 28 so Ryan can come...? Just an idea, what is you guys schedule for those weekends....

Maybe for the 21st of March is too late. If we go and there is no snow we can always blame it on Ryan ;)!

I don't know I'm just trying to make it worlk for everybody. The only weekend i can't go is the 7th.

Nick

How about Wednesday late afternoon Feb. 25. till Saturday Feb. 28 or Sunday March 1st....It has to work.......Sorry just getting excited...I sure will like to leave tonight....LOL

Nick

Don't worry about me. Just pick dates that work for the majority and go for it. If I can make it work I'm all for it. If not it's no big deal. With my daughter playing some basketball and myself having to work some Saturdays I'll be OK.

Yes we do I'm just trying to make it work for all, but I guess that is going to be hard...Lets stick with the original plan for the weekend of the 14th.

Mike should I check for Thursday thru Sunday, or Wednesday thru Saturday.

Nick

Ok I'm planning with the wife, because she has to take some days off, leave Wednesday and coming back Saturday or Sunday. That is March 11-15. She is not coming but because of her work schedule and our daughter I have to plan ahead with her.

Is that good....?

Nick

My wife has to work Monday so she would like to be home Sunday, so Wednesday thru Saturday maybe Tuesday night depending on room rate. If you guys want to do Thursday thru Sunday I can meet up with you Thursday.

Yes houghton will be the destination....In my case I will leave Wednesday late afternoon to ride Thursday, Friday, Saturday and come back Sunday morning. That is all I can do.....Hope is good for you Mike, we could ride together those 2 or 3 days.

I will start my hotel search tonight, waiting to hear from Drew also for the lodging tips.....

There is a slight possibility that I could come, but leaving Wed night might not work for me. I work nights. And I only have Thursday & Friday off right now, I'm supposed to meet my brother in Ely, MN that weekend. But He might not be able to come now. I also only have a 121". If I did this, I could just come up on my own, or talk a buddy into coming. But this is all a big IF. My brothers might still be able to come to Ely and... Well, Houghton would be alot of fun, heck either would be alot of fun!

It will be fun if you can make it also Andy, let me know how it goes for you. How late do you work that wednesday night....? I wasn't planning on leaving till 4 PM or so, so maybe later wont' be a problem if we can share the ride.

Like you say either way will be fun...hope you can make it...regarding the long track, I think it is ok even with the 121's you just have to hit it harder, and you can always stay on the otherones trail, that is when boodonking or off trail. Hey I'm a rookie on this anyways remember...?

Nick

OOOOFFFFFF....It will be hard but maybe I can nap before that and take off from your place at that time...? I think its 8 hours to the UP so we will be getting there at 10 AM give it or take....Maybe its to crazy.....? Well will see how it goes.

Nick

The good thing I will be saving a nights hotel.....LOL Only 3 nights to book, Thursday, Friday and Saturday..

Back