2002 780 Big Bore - What Other Mods To Do?

2002srx7OO

Hey guys. I purchased a 2002 SRX 700 that has the following:

- Stage II Simons CPR 780 Big Bore Kit
- Camoplast Cobra 1.38" Lug Track
- Koso Temp Gauge
- Yamaha Billet Wheels
- 152.5 Jetting

The sled, other than what was noted above, is all stock (gearing, clutching, pipes/exhaust, reeds, etc.). Based on that, what would you mod to get the best performance? Oh, and I don't plan on studding the track, knowing that helps getting out of the hole from a standstill.

I had somewhat of an update, the guy said the only thing on the sled that is stock is the reeds and gearing. He isn't sure of how the clutching is setup, but they're shimmed, thundershift weights and isn't sure of the springs. He said to contact the original owner for the other details/specs.

Last edited:
If they're the heavy hitters they'll work great. I ran 53 gram heavy hitters loaded with the 7/16 steel bolts in both holes. 150/300 primary spring. 50/40 helix with green at 70 in my 780. Good setup

Gearing depends on what you want. You can pull a taller gear with the 780 and still have good acceleration with clutching. I ran 24 38 in mine for trail and 1000ft radar runs. Grass and 660 I'd gear accordingly

I have to second the big bore pipes!! Once you add these it wakes up this engine like crazy.. If you decide to do the pipes it will change your complete set up so you will need clutching and gearing again... Id do the pipes first!!!

Back