600 Twin - Looking for better throttle response

Sled looks clean. Another good upgrade is a set of plastic ski's.
Also an upgrade for looks is to get some aircraft paint remover and strip the paint off the tunnel and then buff it so it shines.

Sled looks clean. Another good upgrade is a set of plastic ski's.
Also an upgrade for looks is to get some aircraft paint remover and strip the paint off the tunnel and then buff it so it shines.
Definitely plastic skis are on the list. Here's a few more pics.. Clean is reason I decided to pick it up. Only typical wear maintenance was needed especially the track I didn't look at it good enough when I bought it cause I should have talked him down in price a bit cause it was shot. uploadfromtaptalk1449369047373.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449369077748.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449369309759.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Your sled is cleaner than mine was when I picked it up.
Those ski's look pretty good hard to find a set for $65 that looks good.

They would look great. Right now I have a set of slp chrome molly ultra-lites on mine. I got them real cheap (FREE) off my dads ultra sks before he sold it.

Picked this up again today. Quick question - I bought the vforce reeds and was planning to do the reed notch mod. I see the vForce are a bit different than stock. Since I have these reeds now do I still do the notch? The vForce have only two screws and what looks like they're own stopper. Is this right? Do I still use the stock stopper? Thanks

Picked this up again today. Quick question - I bought the vforce reeds and was planning to do the reed notch mod. I see the vForce are a bit different than stock. Since I have these reeds now do I still do the notch? The vForce have only two screws and what looks like they're own stopper. Is this right? Do I still use the stock stopper? Thanks

If you bought v-force reeds stick with the v-force stuff. They should have come with a spacer which will in effect do the same as the stopper notch.

Nope. V force reeds are a aftermarket Reed. But all things being equal they should work. You can't do the stopper notch on those cages but they should have come with spacers which will achieve same result. Do you have a pick of the Reed cages you bought for confirmation?

8e73fe0ca6064d9f1fb16d34e076c66b.jpg

This is what I got not sure if I have the spacer I picked them up off another ty user

If anything I already did the stock cage mod so I can throw those back in if you think the performance will be better

Yup those are v force reeds. A aftermarket Reed cage. The big thick block in your pick apears to be the spacer. I would run those v force ones. Should achieve same result as the viper ones with notch. Make sure you use copper spray when putting back together if not using new gaskets.

8d0617d417d46ec3001bf64501099f1c.jpg

Pic side by side. They're definitely thicker. Does high tack achieve the same result as copper spray? Not familiar with copper spray.

Not sure about high tach, never seen it. Copper spray is a high temp gasket sealer. The v force cages will work perfect. No mods to them needed. Google permatex copper spray gasket so you know what I'm referring to then compare.

Back