New SRX 700 owner/stuck after leaving sled in snow

What I meant is it better to be riding instead of fixing all the time. Love this voice to text..doesn't always get the words correct

LOL!!!!!

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

I think when you are braking the primary hasn't had a chance to disengage and basically that causes the clutches to fight each other for a second. That is the only way it can suck the belt down. I think the clunk is the secondary twisting back and the helix hitting the buttons is the sound you are hearing. I don't think that is what is causing your problems. Changing springs could be all you need to do. If I remember right you already changed the belt. Still wouldn't hurt if you could find out what weights and springs are in it now.

I'm in line with that thought. I'm betting that the guy changes the spring and all gets better. But we also have a high speed slip issue that is showing on both primary and secondary. Might be a cause of spring but we will see. That slip might be what is causing my 8900 rpm or it is something else. I seem to get good shift out at 8500 and then at higher speeds hits almost 9. Can't wait till this is dialed in.

Last edited:

Back