Viper rebuild, finally

Hopefully this comes out. I haven't used photobucket on here before.

Make sure you pay attention to the check valve orientation. It needs to point toward the case / away from the oil pump. My check valve was almost worn thru from the protective spring grinding on the check valve. It must have been jammed at one point. I replaced it. I also replaced all the oil line clamps.

http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/OldIron4/media/P1000261_zpsade81fmz.jpg.html

just making sure I have it back where it belongs on the underside. I'll try and get a picture so maybe it can be verified that everything looks good. was figuring on mixing oil in the forst tank like it came from the dealer when it was new. not needed?
thanks!

Hopefully this comes out. I haven't used photobucket on here before.

Make sure you pay attention to the check valve orientation. It needs to point toward the case / away from the oil pump. My check valve was almost worn thru from the protective spring grinding on the check valve. It must have been jammed at one point. I replaced it. I also replaced all the oil line clamps.

http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/OldIron4/media/P1000261_zpsade81fmz.jpg.html

that picture is exactly what I was looking for! thanks! how is the rest of it routed, from those last 3 nipples?
thanks!

anyone happen to know the size and thread pitch on the bolts holding the plate on for the torque limiter? missing those 2 bolts. frustrating, but not surprising after 5 years of sitting around

looks like I have everything going good. wanted to make sure I wasn't routing it where it would rub or be pinched. thanks!

IT RUNS! sounds fantastic too, been a while. only issue so far is the self diagnostics is flashing a code for ( I think) the tps. any idea where I should look? I'll double check the connectors tomorrow, maybe I just left one unhooked. otherwise she seems good to go. took just under a gallon of coolant to get it filled. had the rear elevated, bleeder screw out. sound about right for the amount? I never drained the heat exchangers. I am using amsoil heavy duty coolant, figured I would give it a try. have an account since I use amsoil in everything now, so why not :) thanks guys!

I sure did! my son was in there as well, just not in that picture. eating breakfast this morning he asked if we could go back into the garage and work on the snowmobile. that sure doesn't suck lol!

That's awesome. My favorite is when you are searching forever for a part or bolt and then figure out the kids were playing with it on the other side of the shop.lol

lol....thats funny. To them it's just a cool part. I could imagine the show and tell at school. "This is the part my Dad is looking for to fix our snowmobile in the garage." "I don't know what it does, but it must be important since he looked for it all day." "Isn't it cool!" ..... lol

haha! thats pretty accurate, Jonah has "relocated" a few things for me at times. or taken the socket set completely apart and reorganized it. on a side note, fixed the tps engine light, I should be ready to rock!

little late for this, but do you remember what your pistons speced out to? i am always interested in specs vs miles.

I dont. I do remember everything was as new. zero difference between the new and old rings. I was impressed, all looked BRAND new once cleaned

So after sitting for a day or so I notice it looks like a few of the head bolts are weeping coolant. Re torque? Is this common? Thanks guys
90053f20a507dd2078ac91dbed53d500.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back