1975 factory pro srx 340 fuel inj,

hauler

Guys I am trying to help a friend unload his 1975 factory srx 340 fuel injected oval racer. This is one trick sled. They were custom made for the factory oval racers in 1975. There was only 12 built (7 440 and 5 340 ). This sled is not mint, it was raced but is in great condition for its age and would be a great a asset to someones collection. Here is a couple of pics and if you have any other questions please call the owner. His name is Bob, and he is going to hay days and could bring the sled down for delivery. His phone # is 613-833-3410. He is asking $8000 for the sled but is open to offers.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Untitled 2.jpg
    Untitled 2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Untitled 3.jpg
    Untitled 3.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 81
  • Untitled 4.jpg
    Untitled 4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 81
  • Untitled 5.jpg
    Untitled 5.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

No...that is not a liquid gpx....it is a factory 1975-76 340 SRX..the liquid GPX was built by Yamaha for the 1974-1975 PDC season, and was a very limited build..I believe lynn and wayne trapp raced them...I have only seen one of the liquid Gpx's at Vintage shows...the only sleds that were more rare were the 1973-74 "Pancake SRX's"...back in 73 each of those srx's cost over $20,000 to make, and were hand built...as far as I know only 4 were built..I have not seen one of those since the 73-74 racing season ended.
btpicsbike083.jpg

Ok Heritage700, the reason that you may not see the 74' snopro again, because they were all destoryed, because of high gas prices and no one buying snowmobiles. (People were hard up for money). So yamaha destoryed them, so the sercets would not be given up to other companys. That is also why the 74 and the 75 year sleds are just about the same.

I would say that is a 75 GPX PDC Sweet sled.

Heritage700 said:
No...that is not a liquid gpx....it is a factory 1975-76 340 SRX..the liquid GPX was built by Yamaha for the 1974-1975 PDC season, and was a very limited build..I believe lynn and wayne trapp raced them...I have only seen one of the liquid Gpx's at Vintage shows...the only sleds that were more rare were the 1973-74 "Pancake SRX's"...back in 73 each of those srx's cost over $20,000 to make, and were hand built...as far as I know only 4 were built..I have not seen one of those since the 73-74 racing season ended.
btpicsbike083.jpg

More like 2 were made and one destroyed and one is somewhere(as legend will tell, possibly on the west coast). Engine is defiantely liqid gpx, has the wrong bellypan on it from a newer srx, has the boots on it which look to be added on and the decals do not look to be correct. Here are 2 more pics of a liquid GPX...remembere the srx evolved out of the gpx.

Attachments

• 75TrappYamaha.jpg
    75TrappYamaha.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 75TraapYamaha2.jpg
    75TraapYamaha2.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 37
it's not a liquid gpx.it doesn't have the correct cylinders.i have a set of cylinders that were backup unit's to either wayne or lynn.the correct cylinders are finned.

gpxsrxracer said:
More like 2 were made and one destroyed and one is somewhere(as legend will tell, possibly on the west coast). Engine is defiantely liqid gpx, has the wrong bellypan on it from a newer srx, has the boots on it which look to be added on and the decals do not look to be correct. Here are 2 more pics of a liquid GPX...remembere the srx evolved out of the gpx.
at one time there were 3,the two pictured and Larry Omans had one to,his was destroyed in a accident and i'm not sure if he got another.

thunderjet440 said:
it's not a liquid gpx.it doesn't have the correct cylinders.i have a set of cylinders that were backup unit's to either wayne or lynn.the correct cylinders are finned.

Not to argue but I would think there were more than one design of liquid cylinders floating around somewhere. They were experimental. From what I understand, the bottom of the cases were finned only on some of them.

i know that guy that owns this sled and have seen it first hand.it has got fines on the bottom half of the jugs and no serial numbers on the chassis.i have never seen one like it.what is confusing here is that it has srx decals on lt but according to the pictures posted looks to be a liquid gpx...?

jamie said:
i know that guy that owns this sled and have seen it first hand.it has got fines on the bottom half of the jugs and no serial numbers on the chassis.i have never seen one like it.what is confusing here is that it has srx decals on lt but according to the pictures posted looks to be a liquid gpx...?

Its a liquid GPX. If the cylinders are indeed finned on the bottom that is liquid gpx stuff. I know of a guy who has cylinders and heads and who also has had his sled posted on www.vintagesleds.com. I have bought various items from him and he knows his stuff and the people who it came from or who used to race it back in the day.

whom is your contact at vintage sled...? can you put the link for his sled...? thanks gpxsrxracer...!

Those cylinders don't look to be finned. It has a GPX tunnel and '77 or newer bellypan. What is the status of this sled?

dynofun said:
Those cylinders don't look to be finned. It has a GPX tunnel and '77 or newer bellypan. What is the status of this sled?

Small fins on top and on bottom of cylinders, look closely. Yes, you also picked out incorrect/wrong things that are on that sled. It isnt origional shape thats for sure. Probably is still a rare liquid gpx but it has incorrect parts on it. Bellypan, the homemade boots, ski spreaders, possibly seat cover incorrect. ect.

Last edited:
definatly wouldn't take much to put back original now that we clarified what it is exactly.really nice pics of liquid GPX's in the sno-tech vintage book 1973-78.lot's of gpx belly pans around as well ,take the spreaders off of it and research the proper seat cover and have one made.done...!

It seems odd that the '74 liquid GPX had cylinders with no fins and that the '75's did. Seems like the newer design should have been without since yam ultimately deleted them.

Back