1975 factory pro srx 340 fuel inj,

this is what the liquid GPX cylinders look like.

fwizqc.jpg

Yes, those are for the '74-75 Race year. The ones for the '73-74 Race year have no fins. How did you put the picture on here?

dynofun said:
Yes, those are for the '74-75 Race year. The ones for the '73-74 Race year have no fins. How did you put the picture on here?

go to tinypic.com click browse upload your file then copy the

thunderjet440 said:
those are the cylinders i bought!!

you bought these cylinders specifically? the pic came from peter johnson i think he had a bunch of rare yami parts he was selling. I enquired about the cylinders but they were just to expensive for me. plus i like building the free airs because i can mod the hell out of them with out destroying priceless pieces of history.

AHood said:
you bought these cylinders specifically? the pic came from peter johnson i think he had a bunch of rare yami parts he was selling. I enquired about the cylinders but they were just to expensive for me. plus i like building the free airs because i can mod the hell out of them with out destroying priceless pieces of history.

yes i did,but peter NEVER had them.he was buying parts from Jeff Elliot then turning them over right away,he was even selling parts before he had them.
because of that idiot i missed out on the 440 cylinders.Jeff had wayne's 440 l/c gpx,lynn's gpx lc 340,wayne and dick trickle's 74' 338 gpx's and champoux's 76 srx 440 sno pro.i think they all went to washington,at least the 440 did according to the e-mails i have from Jeff.

So those are Jeff's 340 cylinders. I had the opportunity to buy those and should have. Thought about it all summer and just put it off. Does he have anything left?

who is jeff elliot and how did he come to own all those super rare yamaha racers and be virtually unknown to most of the vintage snowmobile show and racing community.

He's a great guy from Wisconsin! He knew enough to buy that stuff early on and has decided to sell it all. He didn't want much for those very rare cylinders at all.

thunderjet440 said:
yes i did,but peter NEVER had them.he was buying parts from Jeff Elliot then turning them over right away,he was even selling parts before he had them.
because of that idiot i missed out on the 440 cylinders.Jeff had wayne's 440 l/c gpx,lynn's gpx lc 340,wayne and dick trickle's 74' 338 gpx's and champoux's 76 srx 440 sno pro.i think they all went to washington,at least the 440 did according to the e-mails i have from Jeff.

I can tell you this is not how it happened and I know Jeff and his dealings and he isnt mr perfect I can guarantee that. The one thing I will say is that one of those guys was looking for liquid gpx stuff for years and the other guy had stuff for years. I wont mention who but the story that was already posted is wrong.

As far as parts go, never had a problem buying anything from Mike, and he shipped it out fairly fast and made sure I always got my stuff. He had no time to buy stuff from somebody else after the sale I can guarantee that.

Those sleds went to washington first I believe then to Jeff and his dad or buddy, whoever had ownership with him. If my mind serves me correctly.

Oh yeah, as far as turning parts over Jeff is a pro at that himself.

He's a pro because that is what he does. Buy and sell. Maybe "great" is a bit much but he treated me well.

On another note, I talked to a guy today that still has some new clutch, front end parts, and misc. for an SSR. Also has a factory race topend kit for 340 SRX (cylinders, heads, pistons, rings, etc.) all new in the box. Cylinders and heads have no 8A8 markings. Said he may sell it since he has no sleds left. Hoping for the best.

gpxsrxracer said:
I can tell you this is not how it happened and I know Jeff and his dealings and he isnt mr perfect I can guarantee that. The one thing I will say is that one of those guys was looking for liquid gpx stuff for years and the other guy had stuff for years. I wont mention who but the story that was already posted is wrong.

As far as parts go, never had a problem buying anything from Mike, and he shipped it out fairly fast and made sure I always got my stuff. He had no time to buy stuff from somebody else after the sale I can guarantee that.

Those sleds went to washington first I believe then to Jeff and his dad or buddy, whoever had ownership with him. If my mind serves me correctly.

Oh yeah, as far as turning parts over Jeff is a pro at that himself.
i never mentioned a Mike at all.the cylinders were listed on vintage sleds,got the run around from the guy who listed{peter johnson} they popped up on ebay and got them from Jeff,no problems,asked him if he was partners with someone on them because i had 2 different e-mail address for the cylinders and he said no,somebody was buying parts from him and turning them over.bought them last oct.I think Mike Johnson was the one who bought the sleds,at least Wayne's gpx lc 440,again,according to the e-mails i have from Jeff.as far as who had what first,no idea.Doesn't matter to me anyhow,all this rare race stuff is really out of my league
Are you Derek? i seem to remember you sending me pic's of some of the sled's,i guess you were looking into them?.i had them saved one of them was the fa sled,it was kinda rough,i think this sled,a part of it,can be seen by lynn's 440 that was pictured at waconia.who owned them then? i think they were in racine or kenosha wi then.that was 2 winters ago you sent the pics

Last edited:
Thunderjet440, sorry I should have been more clear about the 2 Johnsons(he he). Yes its me Derek. Sorry about the confusion about that. I was thinking Mike Johnson. The other guy never dealed with him and never heard of him either, suprisingly.

Last edited:
Yes guys, this sled is still available. He has asked me to put it on Ebay for him. Last crack at it before it goes to the highest bidder. I know he is very motivated to sell this, so call him an offer.

The owners name is Bob Realffe
Home 613 833 3410
Work 613 742 5891
Email bandbrealffe@rogers.com

he wants to race vintage oval i believe and the cylinders on that machine are to my knowledge quite rare so if it blows up doensn't feel so bad therefore might look into buying something like a 77' srx 440 where the parts are a little more redily available...!

Back