1975 factory pro srx 340 fuel inj,

so maybe you'd be the guy to put all of this doubt to rest about this sled.details history etc...

well...all i did is carried it out of a barn onto a trailer and fixed it...it did run when we first got it..but when we found out that parts were nowhere to be found we just drained everything and kept it as a show piece for a few years...as far as history and stuff, the guy that had it before we got it is in jail for beatin his wife as far as i know...

I guess that would be the sled I raced. What track is on it?

They put my 75 engine in the 76 chassis.

Attachments

• Leading 340 Peterborough Final.jpg
    Leading 340 Peterborough Final.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 31
RJH I thought you said you never had a liquid? Also, I had that sled bought but the owner backed out and took it to his brother. I have an a-load of pictures of it and it came like it is ecept for update bellypan and red boots.

Last edited:
i see the sno pro RV's tryin to keep up
also a couple of posts before i seen a 73 alouette super behind the yamaha
p.s. lets see those pics

Last edited:
dynofun said:
RJH I thought you said you never had a liquid? Also, I had that sled bought but the owner backed out and took it to his brother. I have an a-load of pictures of it and it came like it is ecept for update bellypan and red boots.

Oh – I didn’t mean that – we raced free airs in up to 1975. In 1976 I was the Yamaha Canada east team on factory watercooled sleds ….with an additional sponsor Fern Cote.

It looks like they took the motor out of the 75 (this was the original prototype engine) and dropped it in the 76 chassis.

However – maybe that is the 75 chassis was modified with the red things. To be honest – that made the sled too wide and took away some of the steering bite.

That sled was owned by a cop who said someone stole it from him and it was at a dealership? He also had a ton of parts at this dealership. Last he heard – the parts and sled were sold to a guy in Ottawa?

This is all hearsay – just what I have been told.

All my trophies from 76 are floating around out there as well – including my Jim Adema memorial award. That was what Fern wanted.

There should be 4 sleds out there 2 340’s 2 440’s.

Attachments

• Jim Adema Memorial Award 1976.jpg
    Jim Adema Memorial Award 1976.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Ya - people lined 5 deep around the entire track - infield jammed with sleds....
4 to 5 heats just to make the final. Very happy people staggering around behind the 5 deep.

They finally shut the place down last year I guess - grandstands not safe - Ken had a few snocross races there.

In 73 the track had 15' banked ovals - that was wild for open mods - the big 4 cylinder king Cat.

I remeber lined up behind Yvonne in the final - his crew kicked his feet into the foot stirups so he wouldn't fall off. I wanted mine free - maybe thats why I fell off.

Nice place to live.

Hi does anyone know where this sled went or who purchased it?
was it a srx or gpx? I think it once belonged to my father and would like to know
for sure thanks

fenton77 said:
Hi does anyone know where this sled went or who purchased it?
was it a srx or gpx? I think it once belonged to my father and would like to know
for sure thanks

It was an extremly rare 1975 Factory Liquid GPX 433.

Last edited:

Back