Venture Conversion

Wow, this is the first time I sat down and went through your entire transformation. Unbelieveable, looks great!! I bet it feels nothing like when you started. Let us know what the shocks do for ya.

ejcamaro said:
Wow, this is the first time I sat down and went through your entire transformation. Unbelieveable, looks great!! I bet it feels nothing like when you started. Let us know what the shocks do for ya.

I can't believe the difference just the Ripsaw makes, best money I've spent to date. I'm going to guess the shocks may top it for best money but it will be close.

03viperguy said:
stock shocks left a little to be desired did they?? sounds like a good deal

The rear shock is blown out, it's like a giant pogo stick. This should be a treat, I've never had a sled with decent shocks, just the steelies. I've ridden the better shocks before but never with "my" set-up under the sled. I figure even if I need a re-valve cause they're stiff, I'll still be ahead.

Welcome to the next season!

Well, I bought a four inch riser and cables from Rich at the Novi show. Changed to white powmadd hand guards for more wind protection. Going to try the plywood/sprayfoam seat riser. New duds from Port this year as well. Plus a helmet cam setup. Some pics coming soon.

:letitsnow

I got me a set of those viper shocks and they gave stiff a hole new meaning.I have since bought another set from a guy who had his srx shocks long traveled and revalved.Hope these arn't so stiff.

Some Tinker time

Been putting in some tinker time the last couple days. Trying my hand at the 'spray foam seat riser'. Let me know what you think.

Oh ya, first pic is new PM hand guards mounted 4" higher than stock. Waiting on the throttle cable to finish that job up.

Resized0002.jpg

Resized0003.jpg

Resized0004.jpg

Resized0005.jpg

Resized0006.jpg

not too bad, but I never really like risers, just look weird. I am also short (5'7") so a riser is a waste on me lol! seat is high enough to start :) pretty sweet sled though, I have thought it was a neat project from the start :)

crewchief47 said:
Been busy taking apart the front end and rear skid for powder coating. While looking at the skid the other day, I noticed something amiss with the lower mount tube for the center shock. Does this mean I was riding the old girl too hard??? Has anyone had any luck bending these back or is it a waste of my time to try???

On my old pro-active skid mine was bent even worse, its 120 bucks from yammi for a new one, got rid of the skid put in a mono, nice project you got...

your suspension turned out awsome ,the whole project is a big enough uptaking give youself a pat on the back for a job well done and for having one unique ride,keep up the great work and this is what snowmobiling is all about customizing!!!!!!!!

PROGOLD

Back