Venture Conversion

ya, i have to agree the mirrors are fitting in better than i thought. the only thing is the all the black on the back half of the tunnel. but i'll wait and see what the suspension looks like cuz i have a feeling you got it all planned out and its gonna look sweet!!! nice graphics by the way!!!

mountainman said:
hey wut kinda track r u gonna put under her? i recommend a 136 1.5 paddle tarck...i had that under my old venture 500 and it worked great on and off trail

Already have a 1.25 Ripsaw mounted on the driveshaft. Just waiting on the rails to be powder coated plus a few other little pieces. Hopefully I'll have it back together this week-end, or atleast have the skid re-assembled.

Allright, finally got the rest of the powder coating back. I tinkered with putting it back together tonight but I still need some more time. I'll post more pics when the skid is re-assembled.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 22
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 30
sxviper32 said:
you know what would look sweet on that sled.... a set of white belly pans!!!

Yes they would! But sadly, for this year anyway, the budget has been used up. With any luck I can add some stuff that got passed over this year to next years work log. Stuff like: snow flap, custom led taillight, rox treads, white front skid plate ;)! , new bars and riser, handguards, windy.....

Anyway, here's a shot of the skid re-assembled but not installed. I painted one side of the bogies to see what it would look like with red wheels. I don't expect the paint on the wheels to make it through the first ride, even though I used the Krylon Fusion stuff. It doesn't seem to be sticking too good.

Attachments

• nov24a.jpg
    nov24a.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 65
Those stickers look like theyve been made by Redmater himself good job red on the design really like the stickers... major props on your sled crew looks very nice makes me wanna do more stuff to mine!

Skid is in!

Put the skid in tonight. Here are the pics in the garage on the ground. Will have to wait for snow pics. :( What does everyone think I should do about the rear bumper cover? Leave it or trim it to reveal the top bar?

Attachments

• skidin1.jpg
    skidin1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 66
  • skidin2.jpg
    skidin2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 68
  • skidin3.jpg
    skidin3.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 33
  • skidin4.jpg
    skidin4.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 65
  • skidinhood.jpg
    skidinhood.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 22
How does the venture skid ride. I just installed a 2000 venture skid into my 94 VMAX 600 ST longtrack 136" Took measurements off a 97 but forgot to measure mid to rear and improvised. I went 14" back from mid to first rear bolt. Suspension cycles up and down and does not bind and without shock went all the way down to floor. Can't wait to try it. Looks good.

Back