Venture Conversion

Okay..let me tell you what you need now.................................................................................LISTEN CLOSELY.....................................

NOTHING.. RIDE THAT #$%&* THING!

It looks great. Nice job....lot of work has been done and I sure recognize it ;)! Great job again.

mulderdad said:
NICE!!
Have a quick ? for ya about the gauge pod.
What kind of paint did ya use and what were the steps as far as sanding etc...?
Awesome work!

mul

The lady at the auto-body paint supply store where I bought the paint for the hood, sold me this to try. It seemed to work okay, can't really tell yet if it worked any better than just the Krylon Fusion but is was easy to use, didn't really scrub too hard, more of a cleaner I suppose. You'll have to ask the auto-body store dude more, i don't know enough about it.

familyman said:
Okay..let me tell you what you need now............................................... ..................................LISTEN CLOSELY.....................................

NOTHING.. RIDE THAT THING!

It looks great. Nice job....lot of work has been done and I sure recognize it Great job again.

Thanks! I wish I could just blow the cash and totally :bling: the thing up. Oh well, going to steal the handguards off my CR250, don't need those on the bike in the winter and I ordered a cheezy 2" riser made out of plastic to try this year. Changing over to amsoil this year as well, plus my wife has her own sled now (2000 Vmax600 DX), so the workload just doubled. ;)!

Attachments

• plastic.jpg
    plastic.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 19
That is a sled to be proud of. Looks very nice, the detail is second to none. maxdlx

Finally have some shots from the trail. Cheap 2" plastic riser, Hand guards from my dirtbike, trailing arm graphics added since last pics. Oh Ya, SNOW. ;)! Never mind my old mans 06 Vector GT.

Attachments

• snow1.jpg
    snow1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 64
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 95
  • snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 91
mountainman said:
NICE RIDE!!!!! any weight gesstimates? anyways, sweet ride and good job with it

Sorry I took so long to reply. I shipped the seat out two weeks ago and the box with the backrest was 40lbs. The seat box was 20lbs. Figure the single seat at 15lbs for a net savings of approx 45lbs. Now I don't need that diet as soon. ;)!

I'm really happy with the way the sled handled in Muni this week-end. I had concerns with how much the front has dropped with the saddleless skis, but everything was great, even did OK on the stutter bumps with the steel shocks (I do need to change them eventually).

pro116 said:
The sled really look's nice in person.

Thanks pro. I really would like to get risers, bars, seat, ROX, shocks.....but the well is empty, the tree is leafless. Maybe I should just buy a different sled with all the goodies already on it?!?! It was good meeting you and your brother in Muni.

crewchief47 said:
Sorry I took so long to reply. I shipped the seat out two weeks ago and the box with the backrest was 40lbs. The seat box was 20lbs. Figure the single seat at 15lbs for a net savings of approx 45lbs. Now I don't need that diet as soon. ;)!

I'm really happy with the way the sled handled in Muni this week-end. I had concerns with how much the front has dropped with the saddleless skis, but everything was great, even did OK on the stutter bumps with the steel shocks (I do need to change them eventually).
cool cool, just curious on 2up eright versus single seat weight... thanks fer the 411 and good job again!

that is a great looking sled. good idea making a venture into a crossover. either white ski loops or white skis would look good with a white skid plate.

Very nice Crew. Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you or see your machine in Muni.
Greg

I installed a 2 inch riser on my old 94 VMAX 600 with a 2000 Venture 600 skid. I was so much more comfortable with the riser. It does make a big difference.

PS, where was that shot taken? where did you have that much snow before christmas?? I am jealous!

03viperguy said:
again, sweet rides. looks better the more I see it. any more full sled pics?

Here's some big ones for ya! One 'o' each from the Muni ride.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/crewchief47/Ragebig.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/crewchief47/GTbig.jpg

03viperguy said:
PS, where was that shot taken? where did you have that much snow before christmas?? I am jealous!

Those pics from before christmas are from Strathroy, ON. The very next day the melt down started and hasn't stopped. Strathroy is about two hours from us and is just about the southern limit of OFSC trails for us. The are in a lake effect area. Nothing on the ground there right now though, too warm.

And that dude sittin' on the GT is 65 this year, with TWO replaced knees. AKA the 'Old man'.

sweet couple of rides! and thats awesome your dad is still out and at it! good for him! (and for you!)

Update: I scored some new anti-boingers off the forum today, thanks Viperlover.
Should be here by the end of the week. $175US for all four. SAWEEEEET!!!
:WayCool: :WayCool: :WayCool:

They are off a Viper and have NOT been re-valved.

Attachments

• 000_0373 (Small).JPG
    000_0373 (Small).JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Back