Show off your Yamaha

RX1 2003 MCX Turbo

Here is my 250 H.P. reliable trail sled. I am now at 28,000 klms. Would like to have a new one but once you ride a sled on the trail with that much power it is hard to go back to stock.

Silverrocket

Attachments

• RX1 resize 028.jpg
    RX1 resize 028.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 32
  • RX1 Resise 030.jpg
    RX1 Resise 030.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 19
  • RX1 resize 032.jpg
    RX1 resize 032.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 29
RX1 Turbo

03viperguy said:
holy crap! whats that in miles? and has it been stone reliable? any breakdowns? looks nice!
It's got close to 18,000 miles on it. Had it since it was brand new. The sled had 11000 klms when I installed the turbo. I had one breakdown with it at 15000 klms. It was my fault, I tought I could run 14 psi of boost on pump gas. It runs at 12 psi with a head shim with no problems. Did a couple 2000 klm trips this winter with no problems. Fuel consumption is 15 to 17 miles to the gallon (imperial) on hard pack trail and a top speed of 128 miles (GPS) per hour with a 136 inch cobra track. Never tested top speed on ice. Here is what I have on it: MCX Rear Mount Turbo, AD Boivin Xpert 136 inch suspension with DTR,Hartman Tunnel extension,Rear Mount Cooler,Simmons Skis,Ski Scratchers,45 inch front end,Ohlins Ski Shocks,Camoplast Cobra Track, Overspeed Sheave,Team Roller Clutch,Supertorquer Heavy Hammers,Boost Gauge,Temp Gauge,Fuel Pressure Gauge, Wideband Gauge,Vortech Bybass Valve,STM Billet Carb Caps,Holtzman Carb Springs,polished tunnel,Mountain Bars,Billet Fuel cap,Billet Brake Lever,PowerMadd Hand Guard,Chrome Windshield,Whal Drivers, Chrome Side Covers, painted silver with rainbow metalic.

Silverrocket

silverrocket said:
It's got close to 18,000 miles on it. Had it since it was brand new. The sled had 11000 klms when I installed the turbo. I had one breakdown with it at 15000 klms. It was my fault, I tought I could run 14 psi of boost on pump gas. It runs at 12 psi with a head shim with no problems. Did a couple 2000 klm trips this winter with no problems. Fuel consumption is 15 to 17 miles to the gallon (imperial) on hard pack trail and a top speed of 128 miles (GPS) per hour with a 136 inch cobra track. Never tested top speed on ice. Here is what I have on it: MCX Rear Mount Turbo, AD Boivin Xpert 136 inch suspension with DTR,Hartman Tunnel extension,Rear Mount Cooler,Simmons Skis,Ski Scratchers,45 inch front end,Ohlins Ski Shocks,Camoplast Cobra Track, Overspeed Sheave,Team Roller Clutch,Supertorquer Heavy Hammers,Boost Gauge,Temp Gauge,Fuel Pressure Gauge, Wideband Gauge,Vortech Bybass Valve,STM Billet Carb Caps,Holtzman Carb Springs,polished tunnel,Mountain Bars,Billet Fuel cap,Billet Brake Lever,PowerMadd Hand Guard,Chrome Windshield,Whal Drivers, Chrome Side Covers, painted silver with rainbow metalic.

Silverrocket

What the hell, NO NITROUS! ;)!

My First Yamaha a 2002 Viper Then i was an arcticat man for 2 1/2 years back on a yamaha Apex Gt 2007.

Attachments

• 100_0167 (Medium).JPG
    100_0167 (Medium).JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_0163 (Medium).JPG
    100_0163 (Medium).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0770 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0770 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0791 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0791 (Medium).JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0950 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0950 (Medium).JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 11
quebec, didnt that viper get stolen? it was you right? and then you had a zr9? like the viper and the apex, both very sharp and clean

03viperguy said:
quebec, didnt that viper get stolen? it was you right? and then you had a zr9? like the viper and the apex, both very sharp and clean
Yep That was me the viper was stolen and then i had nothing but troubles with both Zr 900's One got stolen the 2004 and recovered but the diamond drive blew twice that season and then i bought a 2003 zr 900 but wasnt happy with it so i bought the Apex GT at the end of January and now feel inspired to be back in the sport !

Attachments

• DSCN0949 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    DSCN0949 (Large) (Medium).JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 13
the zr was just that unreliable?? I know my neighbor seems t ohave his fair share of issues but he also can't leave it alone, always trying to get it faster and faster and just figured it was made to be that bad

03viperguy said:
oh, and that WAS a narrow miss on the deer! whats with the whip flags on the back of the sleds??
All the snowmobiles were equipped with a whip flag on this trip just to make it easier to recognized the sleds from the group. There is usually 15 to 20 snowmobiles on those trips and we seperate in groups of 4 snowmobiles. That flag only lasted one day on my sled.

May always be my favorite creation

908d3025.jpg

ca08fdea.jpg

b05457d6.jpg

Back