How Fast Do You Drive? Be Honest!!!!!

i tend to do 35 to 70 on the trails but this year was slower because the mougls were so bad and i could not stop bottoming out!!!!

I run 50-60 most of the time.....girlfreind tends to run 40-50...so I tend to go like hell...wait...go like hell! This is her second year sledding and shes gotten alot better. I have to wait at the intersections as she has no clue which way to go. Shes had the sxr 700 up to 80mph and she thaught that was FLAT OUT HAULIN ARSE! I like tearin up the twistys to, pin it,left off for skis to come down then pin it again..etc!

nothing below 70 mph.I am always on the throttle..got to keep the revs up and always have the need for speed.Going 30,40 or 50 would put me to sleep.Pin it from a standstill and don't let go of the flipper ..if you want to ride slow,buy a pair of cross country ski's..lol

We ride slower every year, but still like to work hard sometimes on the trails and get a good workout. I pride myself on not going to fast for conditions and having common sense. I mean that's why we ride right? Out in the open air being free, nobody telling us what to do, but still being responsible for our actions. Sometimes I like to go slow and take lots of breaks and enjoy the scenery, sometimes haul a$$ and get where I'm going as fast as I can. Most of the trails around where I ride in Cadillac have a windy trail route or a faster secondary road route if you know the ways. On average we probably ride from 35 - 60, but on the straightaways I like to pin it once in awhile just enough to give myself a thrill before I let off.

I run 30-45 in twists and up to 90+ on straights. Week end before last I was in a wreak in twists and wreaked two of my sleds. I was hit by a on coming sled on my side of the trail in a corner. So I as well as many others run to fast in the twists. Thats y I tend to ride at night to see on coming sleds easier.

use to be balls to the wall. But now I have a new riding partener, so its about 10mph now.

Attachments

• 113_0148 - Copy.JPG
    113_0148 - Copy.JPG
    529.4 KB · Views: 5
Precious cargo.

We all need to remember that sometimes there are whole families out there.

I have to laugh at alot of you. You quote, "pin it to win it" or "as fast as I can" or even "nothing below 70". I just laugh and wonder, how much riding do you actually do? Man if we ran that fast all of the time, we would easily be putting on 3,000 miles or more every year. Now, we do ride alot of miles when we ride, most of the time, speeds are between 30 and 50 mph, sometimes higher but not usually. Back country trails do not allow it, too tight of trails. We usually ride around 175 to 225 miles per day. 1,500 to 2,000 miles per year. I douhgt many of the speed demons ride this amount. But if you do ride extreamly fast on the state trails, keep the speeds to a controlled speed, not everyone is running the same speeds. Pass at stop signs, or at least let the person in front of you know you about to pass, by flashing your brights on and off. Keep it safe and fun. Al

Tell ya i have slowed down after the wreak i am scared of meeting sleds in corners now

Man where do you guys ride? I only wish the trails up here allowed for that speed. The only place I can get above fifty for more than 100ft is the river or big fields. everything else is either to tight and twisty or has moguls that would destroy my no-action suspension or a combination of both. Granted I don't go slow I'm always pushing myself. If your not getting better your getting worse. I would have to agree with some earlier posts working up a hard sweat gasping for breathe cause your pushing yourself on the tight twisties is the best. with a few well spaced moguls thrown in. I think of a snowmachine as a winter dirt bike so i tend to ride it like one.

tait89 said:
Man where do you guys ride? I only wish the trails up here allowed for that speed. The only place I can get above fifty for more than 100ft is the river or big fields. everything else is either to tight and twisty or has moguls that would destroy my no-action suspension or a combination of both. Granted I don't go slow I'm always pushing myself. If your not getting better your getting worse. I would have to agree with some earlier posts working up a hard sweat gasping for breathe cause your pushing yourself on the tight twisties is the best. with a few well spaced moguls thrown in. I think of a snowmachine as a winter dirt bike so i tend to ride it like one.

the old railway that used to run across newfoundland has been turned into massive long and straight trails. and if you go off trail its all bog so theres not much of a chance of hitting anything. After you go so fast you skip across the tops of the bumps. hence the statement "pin it to win it" cause if you get that weight to the front end your in for a ride!

Oh and i put on 2500km so far this year even though its so short!

devinzz1 said:
the old railway that used to run across newfoundland has been turned into massive long and straight trails. and if you go off trail its all bog so theres not much of a chance of hitting anything. After you go so fast you skip across the tops of the bumps. hence the statement "pin it to win it" cause if you get that weight to the front end your in for a ride!

Oh and i put on 2500km so far this year even though its so short!

Oh no I understand that completely I'm a born and raised dirt bike guy been doin it for fifteen years so I get the concept of staying on the gas keeping the front light and motor boating over the whoops. The sled can still only take so much when your moguls are 2-2 1/2' deep and spread out at about 6-7' apart and there is only 75ft before the corner. Its rough up here in Squarebanks. I just cant wait for this summer cause that skid is going to be long gone and in with a poo skid most likely.

tait89 said:
Oh no I understand that completely I'm a born and raised dirt bike guy been doin it for fifteen years so I get the concept of staying on the gas keeping the front light and motor boating over the whoops. The sled can still only take so much when your moguls are 2-2 1/2' deep and spread out at about 6-7' apart and there is only 75ft before the corner. Its rough up here in Squarebanks. I just cant wait for this summer cause that skid is going to be long gone and in with a poo skid most likely.

what bike are you riding? been riding one since i was 3 and currently have an uncorked 2008 wr450f

Back