Truck 003.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Truck 005.jpg
    Truck 005.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Truck 006.jpg
    Truck 006.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 260

Both great trucks, but i'm a Ford guy. What can I say, ride yamaha and drive ford... guess I strive for the best! LOL.

You guys wanna get together for a tow-off??

Seriously though what kinda mileage are you guys getting with the diesels? Good or not what you expected? Thinking of upgrading to diesel in the not so near future.

Got 2 buddys running deisels in there F250s, ones got the newer 6.0L 32valve and the other has the older 7.3L. Each running programmers the newer one is running the Edge programmer and the other has a Superchips programmer both get around 17-20mpg in the city. But the newer 6.0L walks all over that 7.3L, but I've heard the 7.3L is more durable. Both 4 full doors and 4x4s.

yea the new ford deisels are not bad but still not match for thos pesky cummings
(I also strive for the best ford and yamaha go hand in hand.)

change_up said:
Both great trucks, but i'm a Ford guy. What can I say, ride yamaha and drive ford... guess I strive for the best! LOL.

You guys wanna get together for a tow-off??

Seriously though what kinda mileage are you guys getting with the diesels? Good or not what you expected? Thinking of upgrading to diesel in the not so near future.

Mine's gas, V10. mileage is exactly what I expected for heavy truck with 4.30 gears and 36" tires, about the same as a piped Viper lol.

Plenty of power though, 355 HP and 455 ft/lb of torque. With the manual tranny in low gear and the transfer case in low range and the 15.5" wide tires hooking up, there's no problem pulling up the stumps. It can also climb some pretty steep hills without having to put your foot on the gas.

I have a Flowmaster exhaust and hopefully soon an intake, chip and Centerforce clutch.

PV700: Go with a Programmer when the time comes, its much safer than a chip and gives you more tuning options. I have a 97 F-150 4x4 with Magnaflow exhaust, AEM intake, BBK throttle body, and Edge programmer running on prem. gas. Truck has bout 115,000 miles and pulls harder and better than new, altenator is also spining a 1400 watt sound system set up for Metal and Rock not that rap sh**.

I'm a Ford Guy till I die but that Cummins is one bad a$$ motor for having 2 cylinders less than the other 2. Cummins also has had countless customers running up 1,000,000 miles on the orginal build. I think the truck would fall apart before the motor would die.

Last edited:
There is no doubt the cummins is a machine... look at what the big trucks are running. Even look at what the bigger f-series are running... cummins. Now if you really want a diesel, one word CAT :bling:

ExpertXViper said:
PV700: Go with a Programmer when the time comes, its much safer than a chip and gives you more tuning options. I have a 97 F-150 4x4 with Magnaflow exhaust, AEM intake, BBK throttle body, and Edge programmer running on prem. gas. Truck has bout 115,000 miles and pulls harder and better than new, altenator is also spining a 1400 watt sound system set up for Metal and Rock not that rap sh**.

I'm a Ford Guy till I die but that Cummins is one bad a$$ motor for having 2 cylinders less than the other 2. Cummins also has had countless customers running up 1,000,000 miles on the orginal build. I think the truck would fall apart before the motor would die.

Hey thanks for the tips! Hey do you be on Fordtruckworld.com? I have a gallery set up there, the forums are great, friendly bunch of people.

I have a decent stereo system as well, 3200W MTX. I killed the stock battery and installed a Optima red top untill I can afford a couple yellow tops. The stock alternator is still running strong but plan on ungrading that too. All I listen to is that "rap sh**" lol! MUST HAVE BASS!!!!! Songs like: Lil John - Throw It Up

Here's my FTW gallery, lots of pics: http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=17210

ExpertXViper said:

I know of a truck that you're describing... 700,000km and everthing but the motor is going on it... it's the old 12 valve version.

Who's got more trucks? I wish I had a camera at the Truck Pull this summer. Awesome diesels. Modded to the nuts Ford took the champs, chev came in second and dodge in third (the track was wet after the ford Ran... guess mother nature likes ford too lol)

The cummins with Twin stacks sound exactly like their big brother Transports. Same with the Internationals. No stacked chev's though? Kinda dissappointed about that. Great show though!.

Here's a couple of pics of my 2004 Chevy Duramax Yamahauler. It has a 6" lift with some plus sized tires on the stock wheels. Sure runs away with sleds, the buddies and all the gear. Gotta excuse the cats on the trailer. Thats what some of my buddies ride. My old MM700 sure gives them fits though.

Attachments

• pics 019 (Medium).jpg
    pics 019 (Medium).jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 6
  • pics 018 (Medium).jpg
    pics 018 (Medium).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 12
PV700: I hope you didnt take offense to my rap comment, I listen tp rap but diffently have to be in the mood to hear it and has to be the old rap. The new stuff is all bout money cars and hoes. LOL and thats the true. Download some metal you'll be suprised how much bass you really get, not as much as rap but will still pound your chest with the right set up and music. If ya want some suggestions drop me a line.

Blue Oval is the only way to go in my book. And you have a BAD A$$ rig.

Back