Giving the SRX a face lift

I like the black with the blue belly. Makes it stand out. Nice job on the painting. I painted mine as well, but went flat black with everything. But understand all the work it takes to shoot paint. Its not just paint and go. Not only that if you painted the existing black you can make it look like its has armoral on it with out it being slippery!

If you want to play with your seat, you can tape it off and use upostery spray paint to make stripes...or whatever on it to match your hood!

100_0493.jpg

If I wasn´t married, I just might be visiting you soon, so you could hook me up with your sister. Norway isn´t that far away you know.. LOL!

Ike

Hi guys ! Thanks for the replies:).

Familyman: I was kind of concerned about the blue belly and the black hood, but it looks OK I think. Someone might think that it`s "cheating", not to go all the way, but I don`t care. When you put it next to snow it looks nice:). What is upostery spray?. Does it work ?. Will it wear off quickly?.Thanks for the tip!.
That black seat of your`s look neat, what color did it have stock?.
I`ve seen alot of guys who puts Viper seats on their SRX`s, are they just bolt on or do they need modifying?.

Ike, she`s taken hehe:).

Gees an hour ago I watched a movie from last year when I had an RX-1 . Gees when I heard the sound I got flashbacks of the whole RX-1 experience.. and I don`t mean bad ones. Gees I really miss it.. even if it was unstabile.. gees.

Well anyway tomorrow I`ve decided to clean my shop from top to toe, then after the weekend I will start working on the V-Max engine. The plan was to have it done this week but I wanted to spend some time with my sister & family since we don`t get to see eachother that much.

Wellwell :)

This is what the seat used to look like. The gray strip is on all the black sleds...
100_0368.jpg

Just about any place that sells spray paint will have upostery spray paint. Dont use regular spray paint. The Upostery spray paint is designed to etch into your upostery and holds up great.

Sled looks great so does the girls!A couple of things i would change!!You should turn those handle bar hooks straight up man!Than they will look like that hat you got.hehe And the front end is to low for the snow no?Some longer shocks would do the trick i think.Man there pressing ajainst each other and the two bottom vent holes are still open!!The snow can fill up in there and cool the pipes.Switch the shocks off that mm he will never know.lol good work.Keep em cuming.

Hi guys!

Thanks for the replies:).
Familyman, have you ridden much on your sled since you sprayed the upostery spray on it?. I guess you only sprayed the grey stripe?.
I imagine that it will wear off quickly in the ***-region, or am I wrong?.

bluewho, thanks for the tips:). When it comes to the handlebar hooks, I have them like that because I think it felt better then having them straight down.. . Handling is more important then look, somtimes I think:).
The nose seem low yes, the previous owner installed some "highening" brackets to get it higher, 5cm I think.. but I agree it looks low.
What vent holes do you mean?. Should I block them?.

Wellwell:)

I did my seat I put 150 miles on mtn riding so I was constantly sliding my leg over the seat and mine didn't wear at all.

Hi !

Yeah, last Saturday we went for a little test ride, I rode my SRX, my brother in law is MM700 and a friend of mine his RS Vector MTN.

However, it was only about 20cm of snow everywhere, so the mountain riding was a pain in the ***. Didn`t get higher then 300meters above ocean level.

BUT, it`s been snowing quite much the last couple of days, I think it`s around 40cm of snow down here at sea level, I bet it`s MUCH more up in the mountain.

I took my SRX for a spin down the field today before I went to work. The snow was flowing over the hood and all the air vents got blocked, but it still felt crips, not bogging whatsoever. Maybe the cold air kit & bender can & deflector was the solution to my powder bogging problem.. .

I bet we will go riding in the weekend, I`ll bring my camera:).

How about you?.

I read 1 thread in the last hour. No I am not a slow reader, this thread has 156 posts with lots of pictures and of coarse, one picture sort had me stalled for a little while (sister and friend). I enjoyed this thread so much, I think the work you did to your sled was amazing. You are very patient. I redid my hood, and I didn't really care about all the defects I left behind. After reading this thread, I wish I put more care into the final process. Anyhow, the last post was on January 30, 2007. So I am wondering how things turned out.
Have a nice day, and keep safe.

Reimond: I live north in Nordland county, 65kilometers from a town called Harstad.

Godster: Thanks for the nice reply. I feel really bad now.. .
Made a thread about todays sad event:

http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36136

Oh btw. I was really happy with the sled, sounded great and looked cool (atleast I thought so), but at one time I realized that maybe my sled wasn`t the best for my type of riding.. and I got sick of putting gas into it.. . The gas expences got to big for me. Well, thing is I`d rather pay a loan on a fourstroke then paying for gas.

Gees I`m sorry to say all this negative things.. I still love two strokes.

The fourstroke I`m thinking of getting is a 2004 Yamaha RX-1 Warrior.
I`ll have to visit the bank, which is something I hate to do.. but everyone does it once in a while.
Hopefully I`ll keep this sled for several years.
Oh btw. just because I sold the sled doesn`t mean I plan to leave this forum:).

Wellwell thanks for all the helpful replies and nice comments throughout my time as an SRX owner.

On the other side it`s nice to test different sleds, I`ve owned the following sleds:
1983 V-Max 540 (with rotax 583 engine and arctic cat 136" track)
1996 V-Max 600 XTC
2003 Yamaha RX-1 ER
1999 SRX700

Sold the RX-1 because it was to expensive.. but my economy is better now so that`s why I`m going back to fourstroke.

Gees I don`t know what to say.. I feel like a dork.. .
But things are and turn out like they do.. so.. that`s just the way is.

Joakim.

Oh I forgot to tell you about the new tool I got for my shop today.
It`s a delayed christmas gift from my father.
IMG_3184Medium.jpg

Hmm

IMG_3185Medium.jpg

Aha..

IMG_3186Medium.jpg

:)

12 ton hydraulic press. It`s the smallest model available but I think it`s perfect for my little shop.

Hope I`ll get to use it soon.. .

nice work on the sled kimoaj, any idea where one might get a set of those hooks?
tia n0rt

Back