AC ProViper

Yes it does. I love the sound of that triple engine. Even with a wrong setup.
And it can still beat an over excited Rhodesian Ridgeback on snow. :D

looks awesome ... is the chassis stainless???? your a good fabricator, i do it for a living(race cars , roll cages, etc...) you have a TIG welder or use that wire feed in the pics? awesome job im totally impressed

Thank you guys. :) That coming from a pro means a lot to me.

Yes, the chassis is Stainless. It's a 316L tube that we use in my work for gas and hudraulic oils.
I use that wire feed. I can use a TIG in my work, but it's so much more difficult to get my sled there to work with.
I've been hoping to buy myself a TIG, but good ones are so expensive here and I don't want to play with those cheep chinese machines.

With a MIG I have to pay a special attention to lining of the tubes. It tends to warp easily and every weld needs some grinding to make them look nice. Maybe I can build my next one with a good TIG machine. :)

Last edited:
Frosty said:
Thank you guys. :) That coming from a pro means a lot to me.

Yes, the chassis is Stainless. It's a 316L tube that we use in my work for gas and hudraulic oils.
I use that wire feed. I can use a TIG in my work, but it's so much more difficult to get my sled there to work with.
I've been hoping to buy myself a TIG, but good ones are so expensive here and I don't want to play with those cheep chinese machines.

With a MIG I have to pay a special attention to lining of the tubes. It tends to warp easily and every weld needs some grinding to make them look nice. Maybe I can build my next one with a good TIG machine. :)
i have to say you should look at everlastwelders they are very fair priced and use quality parts a friend of mine uses one and swears by it ... i myself have a miller

this whole thread is incredable! very impressive work you have done. what other plans do you have for the nytro (sled, not the dog :) )

Remember this one guys!! Pics are gone now but it was a yamacat before yamacat was even thought of (well maybe before it was thought of). A viper engine in a 440 snow pro. We thought it was cool then not sure why so much grief now!!!

There is a lot of grief re the actual yamacat because the chassis the new viper is in its yet to be proven and reliable. Those old cats had a decent chassis (snopro so probably 2000 or so if it is what i am thinking) though I never saw pictures. The f it and finish and all parts issues cats have always had were probably addressed by this fabricator.

horkn said:
There is a lot of grief re the actual yamacat because the chassis the new viper is in its yet to be proven and reliable. Those old cats had a decent chassis (snopro so probably 2000 or so if it is what i am thinking) though I never saw pictures. The f it and finish and all parts issues cats have always had were probably addressed by this fabricator.

This was meant as light humor to lighten the tension around here. I personality have no stake in the new sled cause I'm a few seasons out yet for new one. But when I do it will be a Yamaha regardless who's chassis or plant its built at. Hell I buy american autos cause I came from a strong GM background. Only thing is most of it is built in china! LOL!

super1c said:
This was meant as light humor to lighten the tension around here. I personality have no stake in the new sled cause I'm a few seasons out yet for new one. But when I do it will be a Yamaha regardless who's chassis or plant its built at. Hell I buy american autos cause I came from a strong GM background. Only thing is most of it is built in china! LOL!
then you should have a toyota if you want American ;) most American car is the matrix, read an article about it a little while back

Hi guys. Damn, I just noticed that all the pictures are gone. I have em all somewhere and I do my best to get those here too. It'll take few days, but I will make it happen.

Back