AC ProViper

Awesome project!!! Just curious you said the sled weighs 220 kgs which is about 485 lbs is your custom tunnel lighter or heavier then a all alumniumn skinned one? I think it just looks badazz!! Nice job!

Tunnel it self is 2 kgs lighter than the original one. All the extra weight compared to original 440 Snopro comes from the engine and pipes.
2 kilograms isn't much, but the tubular design makes it so many times stiffer than the original aluminum tunnel. That's the main reason for doing a mod like this.

I got more weight off from my skis that that 2 kg. :D
Here's a proof..

before
IMG_2197.jpg

...and after
IMG_2198.jpg

Last edited:
wow that sled is absolutely awsome! my bud just traded his mint 04 440 snop for a thrashed yfz quad, i hope the dude will trade him back! love to see this kind of stuff, keep it up!

thats the BEST build i have ever seen!!!!!did he ever say what he did for a l iving,besides build sleds!!!!hes got to be some sort of a fabricator.

Thanks guys, it's nice to know ppl likes my little project. I'll start a next sled project in June 09. This season goes mostly by building new garage to build these things. Sleds and quads. Just started working with a tiny Raptor 350.. :)

I work as a repairman at the aluminum factory in a recycling company.

here... http://www.kuusakoski.com/

hey man that is a real nice machine!!! Sno-Pro 700 triple!!! I should put a triple engine in my old Bravo!!! Now that would be a machine!!! haha, think though, it would FLY, but, the suspension would probably fall apart at extreme speeds, lol, because thers hardly anything there to hold it together, an almost useless shock and a spring that looks like it came from a trailer, same with all old sleds, lol, what are you gonna do with that Raptor 350?!?!?!?!? Put a Viper engine in that one!!! OR, you could put an R1 Engine in it, i seen for sale before a ZRT 600 triple with a CBR 1000 triple lean-over engine in it, it had 6 gears and a clutch, on a SLED!!! Could go like 140 mph i think the guy had said? Anyways he only wanted like 2800 bux for it to, thats what i payed for my Phazer Mountain Lite.

Nytro lost some weight today. Totally 12,7 pounds. Changed the battery and took off some useless things of it.
I also moved the steering axle two inches forward.

Here's some pics. (Weights are in kilograms)

Original battery
18022009099.jpg

New one...
18022009098.jpg

...and in place. I used the foam to fill up the leftover space.
IMG_2595.jpg

useless junk
18022009101.jpg

steering after the modification
IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

Last edited:
Wow I admire your work man!. You need abit of genuine interest to do things like this, awesome. (thinking of the old Arctic SRX).
Congratulations with the Nytro.

Dont know about the handguards, they come with the sled.

I changed the axle more forward so I could line up the riser straight with it, it makes the steering angle more natural. Handlebar is exactly at the same spot, but it moves the right way when I'm turning it.

you can go to the yamaha website and look up accessories to get those hangaurds for any sled. yamaha part

Hi guys. I've been off this site for awhile.

This fall I found this triple Snopro and bought it back to me. Now it gets some updates..

Full tubular frame is the biggest change this year.

IMG_9873.jpg

IMG_9874.jpg

IMG_3490.jpg

IMG_9921.jpg

Back