AC ProViper

Thanks. :)

Front frame is getting its final shape. Not ready but it's getting there.
I even found set of brand new OEM engine mounting brackets that I had in the box for few years. With custom frame I can use those.

IMG_9977.jpg

IMG_9979.jpg

that sled is just rediculous. your custom chassis should be hanging in an art museum. and it is only made better by the fact that you chose a yamaha triple for a powerplant. you would turn some serious heads if you pulled into andy's or the tally-ho with that thing.

wow that looks complicated. what are you doing for plastics? it would n sick if you could shape up some nice blue viper plastics

so did you go to school for this at all, or just making a chassis that fits? looks amazing either way, anxious to see the end result!

Thank you, this kinda feedback is the best motivation for me. :)

I was in school for blacksmiths and after that a school for engineering. First one had nothing to do with tubular structures, but it gave some good info about metals, welding and heat treatments. Second school was all about strengts of different materials, shapes and structures.

I think you learn the most by building things, not by reading about it. If you do something that doesn't work, you'll learn about it and make it better.

Plastics are going to be the ones it had for now, but I was thinking of getting my hands on a Nytro or Phazer plastics to work with. Little bit of mesh might be coming also. we'll see.
I just got some titanium bars and blocks, so I can make some parts from it. I also have couple sheets of carbon fibre that I want to use to a few things.

Steering is the easy part. Bump steer is the thing I'm worried about.
Upper A-arm is mounted to frame so far away from the steering axle that it'll be a problem for sure. I need to figure out some kind of solution to make it work right without too many pivot points.

You shall have vids then, as soon as I get it ready to hit the trails.

You could always build a cable steering setup. Here's an example of the one I run in my prostocker. Just an idea.

SRX003.jpg

my dad has an old (early to mid 70's I think) cat with a cable setup for steering. one of the old magnesium chassis, it is pretty neat

I made the steering this way. I think it works, but we'll see. Few days of plastic work and I'll be building pipes with new cans.
Revalved the shocks to a bit softer setup and I'm thinking of getting softer springs for rear arm.

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

Amazing build...congrats cant wait to see more i just subscribed for instant email notification...what we dream you build...

It's alive! Think I'll be starting a new year with a test drive. :)

IMG_0258.jpg

I need to lose the green color of it.

Last edited:
Bad A**! I had a 440 snopro race sled, and now I have the SRX, so I can only imagine what kind of beast this thing is! If it goes half as sweet as it looks, you got one hell of a rocket there! However!!!!! You will get no more compliments on your build until you show us some video. Just kidding, but seriously we want video of this thing. ;)!

Meat

Video it is then. :) I'll make sure that my wife records the test drive. No matter how it goes, you'll be seeing it.

Back