Drop Brackets Finished, *PICS*

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
There was lots of interest in these so we finally went along and made about 30 of them. Here are some pictures of them completed fresh out of the CNC. Post here if you have any comments on them or any questions. It would also help if you posted here that you are purchasing a pair so we can keep track of it easier. Thanks

Those look awesome! Just to make sure, you still have to drop the center bolt 1/2 the distance that you drop the rear one, correct?

Last edited:
Jigg said:
Those look awesome! Just to make sure, you still have to drop the center bolt 1/2 the distance that you drop the rear one, correct?
This is absolutely correct, if you are going to do a 3.5" drop, you should drop the center one 1.75" and if you are doing a 2.5" drop, you should drop the center 1.25". IWould imagine if you dropped the center bolt 1.5", you could get away with using either hole.

i'll take a set do we buy them off your website or just paypal you. think i am going to the snowies in a week. kinda want her to have more height.

i want some! how exactly do you attach them to the tunnel? just one bolt or what? also for the center bolt do i have to move the bracket or just drill a new hole?

well i ordered a set for the old SX. should be here friday. really curious as to how they are istalled (attached to the tunnel with?).

Mine are attached with a big metric bolt in the original hole. If you go to lowes they have metric bolts the right size, and they have very thin nuts for inside the tunnel. I used red loctite on them. I then picked 3 of the rivrt holes left from removing the stock mounting bracket, drilled them out and installed grade 8 1/4 inch bolts, with lock nuts. Mine haven't moved yet. Maxdlx

With these kits, we are including a paper template that shows how to bolt these up. You use the bolts provided in the kit to go in the original hole, then you will recieve several stainless steel rivets that you will need to drill your tunnel out for AFTER the main bolt for the drop brackets are installed in the correct location. You drill threw the tunnel and then the drop brackets so that the rivets fit through very nice.

Brackets

With these brackets, you only have to change the center and rear holes? you dont have to touch the front holes at all? i may be ordering a set if they are not a pain in the butt to install...

you leave the fronts alone. it does reduce your track attak angle some. It is about a 1 hour job by oneself. All that is needed is a good pair of side cutters, for pulling the anchors out of the rivits. A drill, to drill out rivits, and a pop rivet gun, and metric wrenches. Maxdlx

does this increase rear travel in SX chassis?

I have a '99 SX chassis. Will these brackets give me more rear travel or will they just raise me up 2.5 - 3.0 inches? I already have the long travel Viper shocks and longer limiter straps in the rear so I am not sure this will give me any added travel. If it does I want to order a set.
Mills

got mine in the mail today! thanks Bruce! stickers look good too, now where on the sled to put them haha! im going to install mine tonight and im going to try and take pics of the install for you guys. i do most of my riding in the UP and about 45% of my riding is in powder so these where an awesome buy for me. thanks again!

Back