Drop Brackets Finished, *PICS*

When you speak of the center (drop half distance of rear) are you talking the mount that the rear shock is mounted to, that has the upper guide wheels or the H-arm is mounted too? :letitsnow

snomoguy, you drop the center mount 1/2 the distance of the rear. So it would be the one with the small wheels. You guys need to be very conciencious(sp) of keeping the distance of center to center as close to stock as possible. 4 to 5mm will bind the suspension up. Get the big bolt in the rear mount hole and snug it up some, then measure to be sure you have the right measurment before you mount it tight. Maxdlx

so maxdlx, when i drilled the center bolt holes, i drilled the right side about 3-4mm back from the left side hole on accident, do you think that is the reason my rear skid is binding so bad? it wants to compress but only moves an inch and then its stiffer than a 3 day old corpse

alright mine are working perfect now. had to rivet a piece of stainless inside the tunnel and redrill the center holes. sled looks great!

hey maxdlx, when i was checking my rear skid in the stock holes to make sure i didnt break anything, i left the center bolts in the stock holes and re-installed the drop brackets with the rear bolts in the 2" drop holes and the suspenison worked fine. so i guess what im getting at is, is it neccessary to move the center holes at all?

yes it is, or it changes the spring rate something terrible. it is the same concept as the fra, but on a broader sense. Maxdlx

cool, i was just thinking of making some at work, but I think im gona bend up a hole new tunnel thats just 2.5 taller this spring, then i can use all the stock parts. But it would be alot of work.

the brackets look really nice, and a very good price.

I got a 16" wide 2" paddle track coming for my 02 Viper, thinking I will need a little more rear tunnel clearance? looks like these would be the ticket. Do you still have some?

I don't see these drop brackets on your web site. I would like to see a side profile picture to see what they make the sled look like. I would like to put these on my wife's SXR 600

side profile in my avitar. I may have some other pics at work, i will check. Maxdlx

Back