The making of "Darth Viper"

Engine build up starting

The engine build up is now taking place, I will be starting off with a set of custom cast , powervalve cylinders and heads on a crankcase built by myself, I have a couple differnt roads to decide on what stroke I am gonna use with these. They are already to accept a 81.50mm bore, and a 68mm stroke but I am thinking "Go BIG or go home", so I am looking at going to 83.00mm bore. I have a few bore and stroke combos figured out and will run all these thru my TSR racing software to figure the best rod/stroke angle and get the most from pumping efficiency from the engine.
As you can see the sleeves have been removed from the cylinders, the engine will have aluminum sleeves custom built for me then nicasil plated to transfer heat away from the piston, this makes more power then a steel sleeved engine and you can also run leaner jetting as the engine doesnt hold the heat in the cylinders.

81.5mm x 64mm (stock stroke-yuk)=1002cc
83mm x 64mm stroke=1064cc
81.5mm bore x 68mm stroke=1064cc
83mm bore x 68mm stroke=1103cc

81.5mm bore x 70mm stroke=1095cc
83mm bore x 70mm stroke=1136cc :2strokes:

Attachments

• P1000819.jpg
    P1000819.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 62
  • P1000820.jpg
    P1000820.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 57
  • P1000821.jpg
    P1000821.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 64
  • P1000822.jpg
    P1000822.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I am in the process of cnc machining out the case to accept the cylinders large transfer and boost port base, I am using one of my race cases, I have these cnc machined out for the full out lake race or pro stock engines. In the pic you can see the differance between stock on the right and the race case, the race case already expands the volume of the stock crankcase but the race case will STILL need a good 5/16-1/4" of material removed yet to meet up with the "Big Momma" cylinders. The rear boost port will easily get 3/8" material removed yet, this is a power maker, the rear boost port in a yamaha cylinder just cant be opened up enuff to even come close to the rear transfer port area and this is where its easy to pick up some horsepower.
I will show next a pic of the race case marked out for further maching to match the cylinder bases, I first have to devcon( a type of epoxy) the holes in between the cylinders.

Just roughed in dimensions as of right now looks like the 68mm stroke is the way to go, best numbers, ease of cylinder port spacing, but further calculating is required yet. Definitely going 83mm Bore!!!

Attachments

• P1000823.jpg
    P1000823.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
damn, there is very little room for cooling on the side of the cylinders. looks awesome all clean. and might i add those cylinders are niiiiccccccceeeeee. :2strokes:

Where can a guy learn all this stuff? and how much does the class cost lol. Do you do all the machining yourself or send it out to somebody... is this your day job or just do this on the side? lol so many questions, so little answers

I can't beleive all the stuff one guy can know about motors and such. I can't wait to see the finished product. That will be one mean running sled anyway.

Don that sled looks amazing. You definately will have something to be proud of once that things is together. May i ask what you are doing for motor mount reinforcement? lol

I have not stopped on the engine build, just been very,very busy with everyone elses summer engine builds. I am still around. In the process of having aluminum sleeves built for the cylinders which I will install ,then port, then have nickasil plated, this will transfer the heat from the piston alot quicker then a steel sleeve will and allow one to jet the sled leaner and make more power. A steel sleeve just cant wick away the heat as quickly and will require more fuel to help cool the piston.

Mike, I think the steel motor mounts can hold it... its just a stock engine....LOL!!

Last edited:
that sled is just scary! looks all stealth! wouldnt suprise me if its got a cloaking device installed!! LOL great work!!

Looks amazing.

Be mindful where parking it in the dark.

Similar to that camo shirt I put in my closet last year....I haven't seen it since.

YS

Back