The making of "Darth Viper"

don, you got to buy ohlins for the front, they will really bring out that black.

also, one scheme i was thinking on mine was doing all the decals in double black. all stock decals(copies) done on black vinal double thick so they would stand out but still be black. or do them in satin black on the gloss.

..SNAKEBIT.. said:
Hey Don you know what they say
Injection is nice, but I would rather be blown

LMAO, I wish I'd said that!

Of course I guess it depends on weather your the injector ot the injectee.

The more I look at this, I think I have to get under the front and mask off the sides of the bulkhead/belly part of front frame , where the steering rod boots are and front suspension arms,shocks go on, that needs to be painted black. Is the etching primer avaiable in a spray can?? Bob if you see this do I need to scuff the aluminum before using the etching primer on it? Then I can just use satin black spray bomb on it?? Just want it to stick good to aluminum.

keep the ideas coming for the finish, I think it will have darth viper decals made for it custom on it made from either satin black(BTV's idea) or carbon fiber print, just have not decided on where and what style yet.

Last edited:
If you decide against getting "ohlins" for the front as BTV suggested, you may possibly consider getting black shock covers. I think that may help blend everything together if that's what you're looking for.

Hood and all dash back on and fitted. I need to install small 45 degree hooks in bars to go with brake lever and notice the black parking brake lever as well. What do you think about maybe a set of apex bars and a 6 inch riser??

Track is installed, its a 133.5x15x1.5 lug, a scoop lug design from a RMK.

Attachments

• dvhoodbackon.jpg
    dvhoodbackon.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 29
  • dvdash.jpg
    dvdash.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 27
  • dvtrackinstall.jpg
    dvtrackinstall.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 37
This is why this sled is called Darth Viper!

YOU DONT KNOW THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE!!!!

DONT MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!!

THERE IS NO ESCAPE!!

My kid has a darth vader talking mask and shes pushing the buttons, too bad I couldnt make the sled talk like the knight rider car did, only with darth vaders voice...LMAO!!

Attachments

• dvattitude1.jpg
    dvattitude1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 28
  • dvattitude2.jpg
    dvattitude2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Chrysler corporation made a color called "plum crazy"... maybe the color FITS the application????

LOL, my heads density has been questioned by many.........LOL!!

What? No black chrome on the shock shafts or black anodize on the shock bodies?

lol! Just kidding - the sled looks friggin' awesome!! I hope I get the pleasure of seeing it on the trail some day!

Normally I'm a fan of polished tunnels, but thats gonna look hella-cool. Whatever color Darth Vader's light saber was you should get some l.e.d.'s the same color and put them under the hood. All black exterior with just a touch of color shining thru the vents at night?
I'm a fan of firecat bars(built in hooks) with a 6 inch pivoting riser, all my 2 strokes have this conversion. Its pretty easy and firecat bars are only like 36 bucks. I can send you pics if you're interested.
Yes you can get self etching primer in a spray bomb, degrease it, and scuff it with a red scotchbrite pad and go to town!

Last edited:
ejcamaro said:
Normally I'm a fan of polished tunnels, but thats gonna look hella-cool. Whatever color Darth Vader's light saber was you should get some l.e.d.'s the same color and put them under the hood. All black exterior with just a touch of color shining thru the vents at night?
I'm a fan of firecat bars(built in hooks) with a 6 inch pivoting riser, all my 2 strokes have this conversion. Its pretty easy and firecat bars are only like 36 bucks. I can send you pics if you're interested.
Yes you can get self etching primer in a spray bomb, degrease it, and scuff it with a red scotchbrite pad and go to town!

I agree, and I want the firecat bar conversion how-to :) it is next on my list lol! was going to do it last year, but the mono was $$$ enough lol!

Back