1976 Merc Trail Twister

Man do I miss mine....I had 2 Trail Twisters and they were a blast....Had one that ran great had studs in the track and that thing would fly...The other one we started to build a drag sled out of and some a$$hole stole it out of a van it was being stored in...Worst of all is I had just finished putting 96 brand new studs in the track that I had a guy make custom for me at the cost of $3.00 each without nuts or backers...
Man I miss them!!!! brings back alot of great memories..

grab another one, can be found decently easily. my coils just quit on mine. aggravating, but not too bad to replace. $24/coil on denniskirk

I believe 3 twisters were sold this last weekend at the White Star auctions in Bronson. $450 was the highest. I grew up on the Merc line up. From the 644 Huricanes to the 440 max to the trail and snow twister. My uncles were dealers so we seemed to get new sleds every year. Al

thats crazy cheap. grab them up at that price and resell them on ebay or at vintage shows for 3 times that amount!!

Looking Good i remember these old sleds very well. My Fav was the Sno-Twister, it killed almost everything at the local oval track here in the 70's.Only thing i remember did better was usually the Rupp'
If you ever get stuck on a certain Part, i have a neighbour, been into vintage sleds all his life.He's an Auto Mechanic now but people come from all provinces to get his Vintage parts.
He has bought out approx 20 dealers in Quebec mostly over the years,all old stuff,Allouette, Rupp,Chaperal, Snow Prince,Harley.He has 2 or 3 Transports Full of the Odd Ball stuff.
You ever need me to contact him for something, feel free to holler.
My Passion in the Day was the Raiders(dual Tracks) musta had about 10 of them fun critters...

thanks, I will remember that! I took it apart a bit when I thought the coils died. looks like the stator and cdi need some attention. sort of on the back burner right now though. found some scuffing on a piston as well and realized its time to take it all apart and give some good attention. all in good time :)

Good looking sled. I wish I had a vintage sled for trail rides around here. Woukd be fun to do.

I can appreciate the work you put into that sled.

Just collecting dust at the moment. Lost spark, needs a stator. Just haven't had a chance to get to it with two kids on the last 6 years things have been busy

Back